Spanish trail marking???

SGVALLEYMAN

Aug 16, 2010
San Gabriel/Los angeles Calif.
Detector(s) used
tracker iv
T-Net'rs... :icon_santa:
I ran across this picture and thought maybe you could tell me if this was or is a spanish trail marking?
I know nothing of the subject and thought maybe you could shed some light on the Rock on top of the rock, it looks intentional but again..I don't know.

Anything you could add would be appreciated..oh and Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays.

Scott

Attachments

• caption.jpg
    caption.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 385

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Probably not. Probably just some modern hikers who just stuck rocks on top of each other. This is a way, even to modern times, of marking trails. So not necessarily old.

S

stefen

And again, being that there is no scale relationship of the rocks shown, the rock pile could be 15 or 20 feet high and weight several hundred tons...

Anything is possible, however, not probable...

More than likely, this is a natural formation resulting from simple wind erosion of decaying granite.

watcher 2

Dec 13, 2010
Valley Springs, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites Gold Master, Whites TM 808, Garrett AT PRO, H3 Super Alien
Primary Interest:
Other
This alone would not tell you anything even if it was an old Spanish trail marking. But if you found other markings on rocks in the area. You might be on to something. Even if the other markings are a mile or more. They might tie in together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread