• IMG_6252.JPG
    IMG_6252.JPG
    722.6 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_6253.JPG
    IMG_6253.JPG
    763.3 KB · Views: 705
Upvote 96
Rob,

That's one sweet Celtic gold coin....wtg.

btw my banner vote is in.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:
Its a ancient gold coin,I don't see any reason it wouldn't make it up top.That is really nice rob.congratulations

Wow. Beautiful coin! That'll look good laying with all that hammered silver! HH!

Top find :thumb_up: Old gold is the best gold. Found my first stater about 2 years ago now on the hunt for number 2.
Heart stopping moment when you see some of this chunky gold in the hole.
George.

That'll be a great centerpiece to your amazing hammered collection Robert. Outstanding find!!

Top find :thumb_up: Old gold is the best gold. Found my first stater about 2 years ago now on the hunt for number 2.
Heart stopping moment when you see some of this chunky gold in the hole.
George.
Hello Limey, yes when you get that first glimpse, simply magical.:thumbsup:

Fantastic find, Congratulations!

That'll be a great centerpiece to your amazing hammered collection Robert. Outstanding find!!
Cheers Bill, these are the finds that come out of the blue, and rarely. The sites I have been searching are dominated by medieval finds (which is not a bad thing). Then bang a 2000 year plus old coin. mind numbing really.

Recoveries like that make the mind wander thinking about the last person to hold it was over 2,000 years ago and now its in your hand. I think this will find its way to the banner even if no one voted. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back