Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the winter our club passed the hat and got a detector for kid who wanted to learn to hunt treasure. Tucker has many medical and physical difficulties. As you can see in the pic he also has a tracheotomy. Today was his teaching and learning day. He was very excited. First I showed him how to swing and then how to scoop as we were in a sandy tot lot. Unfortunately someone had been there and nabbed most of the coins. But I came prepared with several foreign coins and US coins too. As we went along I planted coins and he was excited by each one he found. Sometimes I had to swing and he would dig, and vice versa. This was a very fun and enjoyable time.

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 109

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story Mike. Tucker was probably thrilled that you were able to spend time with him to teach him the basics about treasure hunting. I will keep him in my prayers and hope that his prognosis is good. Great job being a big brother!!! :icon_thumright:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a nice thing you did for that young man. You are the Man, Mike:icon_thumright:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you so much, Sir! A very nice and admirable thing you have done. I hope you are repaid with shiny objects peeking out of the dirt!:icon_thumleft:

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg job Mike! Tucker couldn't ask for a better teacher

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is nothing better than a mentor and Tucker will always remember that day and he will never forget you Mike and the time you both spent together. :hello2: :goldtrophy: :icon_thumright:

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, thank you for being an ambassador of good will for the club and our hobby. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

HH

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I pray your next find is a gold coin :)

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Mike, even if I never get to hunt with you, it would be my pleasure to shake your hand and commend you for who you are. God Bless you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread