Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I know this is long overdue, but with the weather the way it is and is forecast, I finally had a chance to finish the normalization comparison chart for the V3 using all the different available frequency settings (with the exception of Salt Compensate).

Some of the most interesting and somewhat surprising observations follow:

* VDI compression is still evident in Normalized Single Frequency Modes, although it is not as apparent as in non-normalized modes.
* Target conductivity has an affect on VDI consistency in Single Frequency Modes, especially at 2.5KHz (low conductivity targets give less consistent VDI numbers at 2.5KHz, high conductivity targets give less consistent VDI numbers at 22.5KHz etc.)
* Target strength is greatly affected by frequency. In 2.5KHz, the V3's sensitivity to gold jewelry decreases dramatically.

ALL BENCH TESTING WAS PERFORMED INDOORS USING THE ECLIPSE 5.3 INCH CONCENTRIC COIL. WITH RX GAIN SET TO MINIMUM LEVEL (1).

Please keep in mind that your results may vary due to environmental conditions, equipment used, settings, etc.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD. http://www.freewebs.com/neilinwestjersey/documents.htm You will need Microsoft Excel to view this spreadsheet and the charts.

Thanks to Chris (The Beep Goes On) for his input and support and for allowing me to use his DFX Normalization chart as a template. Please let me know if you find any errors in the spreadsheet.

Enjoy!
Neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread