Spent the Afternoon Dodging Raindrops.........

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My patience reached it's limit today. Too much work and bad weather interfering with a 2nd visit to the SLQ permission........so, after setting the last of the tile at noon, I headed out during the storm and worked the rest of the yard that gave up silver on Sunday.............

1130 Keepers.jpg 1130 SLQ Prop Gold.jpg

The keepers did not include any silver.........plenty of wheat, a toy military badge and...........gold?? It's 1/20 12k GF. From my research, 5% of the total weight of the piece (39g) is 12k gold (1.95g)......and if figured at 24k it would equate to 0.975g, or about $35 worth of the shiny..........

I did 2 passes on the other half of the double yard and found these..........

1130-2 Keepers.jpg

A no date Buffalo and more wheat........not sure about the rocket pendant (not silver) other than it's different.............

While I dry off, let me say thanks for lookin' in and good luck on all your hunts.......wet or dry!!

Last edited:
Upvote 8

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the rain hunt. :occasion14: Nice to see the site's still producing Chizzy. Chief Buffalo saved the day. Rain or shine I dig. Only about 5 or 6 weeks before the ground freezes (if this year is like the past 2).

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dig every day rain or shine! Just keep digging! :icon_thumright:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Tesoro senses are tingling! That bigazz gold ring is coming!!! :headbang:

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the rain hunt. :occasion14: Nice to see the site's still producing Chizzy. Chief Buffalo saved the day. Rain or shine I dig. Only about 5 or 6 weeks before the ground freezes (if this year is like the past 2).

Thanks, Loco-Digger. I've got some time this weekend to go over the rest of the permission......and maybe re-grid the other direction. There are a lot of "ghost" signals from charcoal that was dumped all over the yards....and lots of rusted iron that I can't help but dig and get out of the way..........
I'll be out there digging (with you) just as long as possible.......the Carharts are going to get used a lot!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt, keep digging until the snows to deep and the ground is frozen! :icon_thumleft:

Was 57 today in Massachusetts...not bad for December 1st! Dug a bit also!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread