Sperm teeth

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I'd show off my sperm whale teeth. The guy I got them from originally bought them at the Stone Age Nautical and Antique Shop here on the Miami River in 1970 (he made the antler pipes himself about the same time). The shop is still there, but the old man died years ago, his son, about 70, and grandson run it now. They must have literally, about a million unusual items in there. Unfortunately, the original receipt, if there was one, disappeared a long time ago and of course the store doesn't have records from then.

spem teeth.JPG antler pipes.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did you pay for all that?

OP
OP
scaupus

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

made me bust out laughing on the first look. Then again minutes later with the second. And as I write this, yet again. Please stop, you're killing me. I watched hundreds, possibly thousands of hours of theSimpsons with my son when he was growing up. Homer was my inspiration and model father.

Later: I just showed it to my 16yo son, and I cracked up again. He chuckled, which is an enormous reaction for him.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang! I got a buyer in Washington state that I offer 1st bid on that kind of stuff. He likes the Inuit ivory art items. I find the killer whale tooth art out there from time to time. So these come from a sperm whale?

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm under the impression that Sperm Whale teeth and eagle feathers are in the same boat. Illegal to own. There was a dead beached Sperm whale and it was illegal to take the teeth or any part of it. Just a heads up on my part, you might want to check, although I like to think I'm perfect, I have been known to be wrong a time or two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions