Spikes American Digger with Ric Savage Good or Bad?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only been on this site for a few days and Ill agree with this statement. I have not seen more childish comments . And it sounds like a lot of people just want to be selfish and keep everything to them self. to keep it a secret to look for artifacts and its going to hurt there ability to go to others properties.The show actually made me want to get back out and look for some. My dad took me when I was little and we found plenty so it motivated me to go out and take my son. But I get on this forum and it sounds like a bunch of whining kids fighthing
I don't believe i'm even responding to this ridiculous post of yours. Your obviously clueless or the reasoning behind your response wouldn't be as such. Maybe you should educate yourself a little before you "get back out and look for some." We don't need any Ric Savage wannabe's polluting the hobby anymore than he already has. With comments from you like "it sounds like a lot of people just want to be selfish and keep everything to them self," YOU are the reason and a prime example as to why his show gives the hobby a bad name. You are oblivious and deserve no further response, period. Have a nice life.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you think ratings are done? That Channel at that time =How maney people are watching that show. Just like they told today that 42 million people watched the Hatfields and MCoys three night series. ( Maybe should have said Households instead of people)

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then my misstake, I appologise for my ignorence..........and spelling. Bottom line it's giving all of us a bad name!

mr.rue

Greenie
Jun 7, 2012
new waterford, n.s.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi all,
sandy here the show is entertainment, this web site is reality. i have wanted to metal detect for years the show peaked my intrest. you guys and gals have really showed me the compassion, (honourable mention) and the love of the history and preservation of the envronment; In your posts that i have read over the past couple of days I appreciate the concern you have for proper metal detecting techniques. Also for positive attributes this hobby offers.
I can't wait to get a good detector and start enjoying this wonderful hobby.
Sandy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
To answer you question is the show good or bad...............How i look at it is.......... If you don't like the show it is bad......But if you like the show it is good...............

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The finds are reinactments, so yeah thats what i mean. Do you not understand what i wrote?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The finds are reinactments, so yeah thats what i mean. Do you not understand what i wrote?
Every reality show on tv ... Is reinactments............ None of the so called reality show's are are real......... So if you like to be entertained with any reality show that show is good if not it is bad..........I don't understand why some think that these reality shows are real............ You don't get real on tv......Not even the news now a days.........

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Disclaimer: American Digger Magazine has no direct affiliation with Spike TV’s American Digger show, its producers, or stars. Our magazine remains independent of any other entertainment venues, and is dedicated to the hobby of responsible recovery of artifacts for enjoyment and historical importance only.

This is what American Digger Magazine has on the front page of there website.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy your avatar makes me crack up every time i see it lol!!! :laughing9:
Well Chrystal i am glad i can give some one a laugh here.............. I also belong to the www.aboristsite.com/chainsaw forum and some one there had this up for his avatar...And i thought it was nice & funny.. seeing as i am a cat person.......So i sort of took it to use here on Tnet...........

Last edited:

tumbleinn2

Apr 24, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
WHITE"S SPECTRA V3i d2 coil 6x10 coil 5.3 coil super 12 surfmaster II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He couldn't make it as a pro wrestler! & will never make it as a treasure hunter. next he will grow a mullett and team up with Dog the so called bounty hunter!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Bite my ass....... no seriously, Rick Savage can bite my ass... I put several periods after that so it wouldn't get hit by the filters.... LOL! I hope he gets it!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I walked into my back family room a few nights ago and my daughter who is eight was watching American Diggers. As I was passing through I hear her say 'in your dreams' which made me laugh. Even an eight year old can tell it is fake. lol

NJ

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now everyone will think they have a million dollars in there yard, which makes it hard for us to get new places to detect.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it very distasteful...
How is it possible to go get permission from someone then bring in a backhoe and dig up the guys property ?
I can't get permission to dig the neighbors yard for coins, much less destroy it with a backhoe...
None of this crap can be taken seriously and I just hate that big guy yelling bada boom !!

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This kind of entertainment is ugly and making it hard on us people who have been detecting longer than he is old. What a waste of time and film. Really leaves a bad image for all of us to follow. How sad.

badger

Mar 7, 2012
Divide, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show is completely fake and it does nothing but harm to anyone with a metal detector. This moron savage guy is so dishonest. I can't stand the show.

badger

Mar 7, 2012
Divide, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir, I beg to differ. Those are not reinactments. They never actually happened to start with. The show is complete BS.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir, I beg to differ. Those are not reinactments. They never actually happened to start with. The show is complete BS.

I would have to agree.

Nobody finds historically relevant artifacts every place they hunt.
and nobody takes dug items from every spot they dig to pawn shops & gets mint condition retail prices for their digs.

even reenactments would appear allot more real.

I do believe the one guy throwing the flat dug can like a frisbee, was real

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread