spinning rod

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was rods baited?was it pure bait?(pure bait) is bait that don;t Have copper,silver,and other medal.s mix in,it pull to all that in bait,,,if it mix what ever close it pick up first, if it had medal ...could have been something made in seat are under seat.

OP
OP
P

pops46

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Okiedowser Thanks for your input. The rod was not baited. In 20 years I have never had this happen,I tried it again today and nothing. I was in a different spot though, I will have to go back to the other spot and try. Weird!

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try backing up while rod is spinning. I've had it happen when too close to something. If you were near your vehicle, I'd back away from it.

OP
OP
P

pops46

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Red_desert thanks I was inside the truck while sitting still. The truck was off, at different spots first spot it spun several times. 2nd spot different day same conditions, the rod did not spin.? I'm going back to the first spot tommorow to try again.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey pops46...As you can see you are not alone..I am thankful it does not happen too often because then I would have to find a solution.....Right now it is just something that happens..Art

OP
OP
P

pops46

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well thanks all..went back to the first spot and nothing...maybe some day someone will figure it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread