spooks

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Madmardigan said:
had a dog that did weird stuff every now and again. While walking him to the same spot in the back of the yard, sometimes he would refuse to go any further. If you tried to pull and coax him any further he would just pull back as hard as he could.

weird.

Have you MD this site ? ;D

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
unfortunatly no. it was a house we moved out (of the state) of a few years ago before I started MDing. But now I can only drool :P

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Madmardigan said:
had a dog that did weird stuff every now and again. While walking him to the same spot in the back of the yard, sometimes he would refuse to go any further. If you tried to pull and coax him any further he would just pull back as hard as he could.

weird.

I was searching 2 abandoned Houses a Few weeks ago.
the houses stand side by side.
While detecting a Pit Bull came & was following me around.
Except for comming up in my face once, while I got down on my
Knees to Retrieve one Target, he seemed Harmless.
that was until I tried to detect immediately Behind the one house.

As I walked towards it he Growled at me,
so I backed away. Still Bugs me & want to go back & detect
that spot. But Knowing as soon as the Pit Bull realizes
I am there He'll be back. the owners apparently
just let him Roam. He hopped into the back of My Jimmy
at one point.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK Carolinadigs i wont make you wait :)Way back in 1976 i knew nothing of the Andleberry estate.My girlfriend and i were having drinks at a local bar in Clovis CA.It was getting late and we both had to get up early.We drove south on Clovis ave. about 5 miles and she started screeming stop stop.Its my aunt stop.Now this place was a sanatarium and been closed for years.She stood in front of the place talking to someone.Iam thinking ok no one is there on the balcony and how much did she drink.I told her lets go before a cop drives up.She got back in the car crying.My aunt she said was put there but there was nothing wrong with her.Seems that her aunts husband wanted to get rid of her for another woman.She later died there and never got out.Theres more but i would have to write a book.Visit Andleberry Estate i wont.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
bad mojo on that one --too sad--- aunties hubby is not be sleeping too soundly most likely if hes still kicking that is---. Ivan

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
aa battery said:
OK Carolinadigs i wont make you wait :)Way back in 1976 i knew nothing of the Andleberry estate.My girlfriend and i were having drinks at a local bar in Clovis CA.It was getting late and we both had to get up early.We drove south on Clovis ave. about 5 miles and she started screeming stop stop.Its my aunt stop.Now this place was a sanatarium and been closed for years.She stood in front of the place talking to someone.Iam thinking ok no one is there on the balcony and how much did she drink.I told her lets go before a cop drives up.She got back in the car crying.My aunt she said was put there but there was nothing wrong with her.Seems that her aunts husband wanted to get rid of her for another woman.She later died there and never got out.Theres more but i would have to write a book.Visit Andleberry Estate i wont.

Oh my > tragic story > but scary to !! I love love love ghost stories !!! Thank you AA > I still wanta hear the rest !!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy: Your "baby in the well" story gave me chills! Maybe because I have a 13 month old toddler right now and can't imagine what your grandma must have felt when seeing the woman with the baby.

I think I better stop reading now....too close to bedtime. Glad the hubby's home tonight! :)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bean man said:
I agree with Charlie P. It's your sixth sense and one should never ignore it.

bm

Not so much a "sixth sense" as just a processing of the other five outside of your level of consciousness. Those little nagging doubts or "gut feelings". Look at it this way. You are formed from two cells (egg, zygote, whatever you want to call them). The process that makes your eyes and brain, spine and nerves, organs, etc., starts with the same basal cells and makes what it needs. The nerve cells throughout your body are pretty similar to the brain cells. There is a theory or two that believe you process information with more than just your brain, and a gut feeling may be just that.

There is plenty enough to be amazed by in the natural world without going into a supernatural one.

An amazing portion of your brain is set aside to recognize faces and facial expressions. Think how many people you can recognize, either in person or from photos. It's boggling. So, if the brain is relatively hard coded to seek and interpret faces (from our social past and recognizing danger and pleasure signals from others) is it any surprise that we tend to find faces where there are none. In rocks (how many natural stone faces are there across the U.S.?) Or in random dots on images, say? If two knotholes and the grain pattern on a sideboard register somewhere in our senses as a scowl do we feel uncomfurtable in that room? Are we not quite aware of a temperature drop? A sound just below the threshold of audible? A smell that doesn't quite register?

I don't know if there are ghosts, spirits, hauntings, residual traces of past lives. I don't know that there aren't, either. We're pretty flawed sensors because everything is ultimately interpreted in one spot - our brain. And your brain is well capabale of fooling you into thinking your eyes are seeing something when it is, in fact, being put in internally in the editing room of our minds.

And maybe ghosts in any given location are only able to trigger such sensations inside the brain to those in their presence? That would not make them less real; just awful difficult to "prove" with physical measuring devices.

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Here's one for Ivan, Can the dead contact the living?

My great aunt (who was exceptionally close to my mother) died about 12 years ago. My mom was pretty torn up over the whole situation. Well one afternoon about 3 days after my aunt was buried, my mother came home from shopping and did her routine of unloading the groceries and checking the answering machine. There were 3 messages. The first was from one of her friends just wanting to have some small talk from earlier that day. The next however was my aunt she left just a short sweet message that said, "Robin, I'm alright." (Robin is my mother) and the third was my grandma trying to catch my mom before she left for shopping. All 3 messages were recorded the same day and the times of the first and last call coincided with the actual calls my moms friend and grandma had made. This really had my mom unnerved so she called a few people to listen to the message just as confirmation I suppose. She played 3 times for 3 separate people. Then on the 4 play of the tape the message was gone. The first from her friend and the third from my grandma were there. but the "Robin, I'm alright" wasn't on the tape.

Any thoughts?

xstevenx

Count Boris

Jan 27, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's M6,White's Prizm IV,Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MRDUKE said:
count boris i used to lesson to art bell all the time , and when your driving a truck for a living .the radio becomes your best friend ,i did,NT always believe everything i heard on there but ,it was always entertaining. also i like the show ghost hunters . i like the fact that there trying to disprove it first .before thy try to prove it . also when i was younger i used to go in to abandoned mines , (i know know how stupid this is but when your young you don,t think of such things.)very dangerous places to be . but i would usually go there after dark , and not with the best flash light , a lot of time there was water seeping out of the walls and ide be walking ankle deep in water .of coarse after your in the mine 30ft the darkness sourounds you ,it kind of feels like your wearing a blanket of darkness. Ive got to tell you that while i never saw anything out there i sure felt the Hebe gebes, i thank i went in these old mine because it was my way of facing my fears. i never have likes tight places.
I'm glad you enjoyed the Art Bell Shows. We the members of The Ghost Investigator Society were responsible For many a listener to lose a nights sleep. The voices even surprised me. You truckers were some of our biggest fans. One thing I regret, was not having a metal detector with me. All those old haunted places.

cuddles17981

Oct 3, 2005
Schuylkill County,PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett 250, Bounty Hunter
Monty said:
The inability to move or scream, etc has a psychological term. Sleep paralysis. Most people have it and it is a protective mechanism in the brain that keeps you from getting injured by physically acting out your dreams. However sometimes the mechanism doesn't kick in fully, like when you have been drinking heavily or doing drugs or maybe you are just not entirely asleep. Then you are apt to physically move around to some degree. People who have a weakness in that area are sleep walkers. Children often sleep walk because the brain isn't fully developed. How do I know? Just happened to study it in college, one of the few things I remember. And of course like most psychology it is mostly theory but it seems to work. Monty
I don't drink anymore(when I did, it was when i went out) and I never did drugs. I checked into the sleep paralysis and that seemed to be just an effect of lucid dreaming.. This happened a few times to me 2 years ago.. Very traumatic time.. 2 untimely deaths in the family(brothers) one month apart .. my very sick mom came to live with me (last of my immidiate family)..took FMLA from work,never returned.. Hubby, 6 months after mom moved in got rare disease, it took months for them to figure out what it was .. (auto immune inner ear disease),Father in law went terminal a year later and passed. Very stressful time.. There was no comfortable pillow to lay my head on at night ,if you know what I mean.. 2 years ,and a great new hobby later sleep comes easy... amen..lol

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Johnny X said:
Here's one for Ivan, Can the dead contact the living?

My great aunt (who was exceptionally close to my mother) died about 12 years ago. My mom was pretty torn up over the whole situation. Well one afternoon about 3 days after my aunt was buried, my mother came home from shopping and did her routine of unloading the groceries and checking the answering machine. There were 3 messages. The first was from one of her friends just wanting to have some small talk from earlier that day. The next however was my aunt she left just a short sweet message that said, "Robin, I'm alright." (Robin is my mother) and the third was my grandma trying to catch my mom before she left for shopping. All 3 messages were recorded the same day and the times of the first and last call coincided with the actual calls my moms friend and grandma had made. This really had my mom unnerved so she called a few people to listen to the message just as confirmation I suppose. She played 3 times for 3 separate people. Then on the 4 play of the tape the message was gone. The first from her friend and the third from my grandma were there. but the "Robin, I'm alright" wasn't on the tape.

Any thoughts?

xstevenx

Yes it was your Moms aunt ! Still spooky.

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
cuddles17981 said:
Monty said:
The inability to move or scream, etc has a psychological term. Sleep paralysis. Most people have it and it is a protective mechanism in the brain that keeps you from getting injured by physically acting out your dreams. However sometimes the mechanism doesn't kick in fully, like when you have been drinking heavily or doing drugs or maybe you are just not entirely asleep. Then you are apt to physically move around to some degree. People who have a weakness in that area are sleep walkers. Children often sleep walk because the brain isn't fully developed. How do I know? Just happened to study it in college, one of the few things I remember. And of course like most psychology it is mostly theory but it seems to work. Monty
I don't drink anymore(when I did, it was when i went out) and I never did drugs. I checked into the sleep paralysis and that seemed to be just an effect of lucid dreaming.. This happened a few times to me 2 years ago.. Very traumatic time.. 2 untimely deaths in the family(brothers) one month apart .. my very sick mom came to live with me (last of my immidiate family)..took FMLA from work,never returned.. Hubby, 6 months after mom moved in got rare disease, it took months for them to figure out what it was .. (auto immune inner ear disease),Father in law went terminal a year later and passed. Very stressful time.. There was no comfortable pillow to lay my head on at night ,if you know what I mean.. 2 years ,and a great new hobby later sleep comes easy... amen..lol

Cuddles it is amazing what we can endure ! I hope all is better now. I lost a brother and a only sister 11 months apart , and now my 90 year old mother lives with me > she however is in great shape ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yes evp ---electric voice phenomn ----the recording of voices of "dead" people and noises of long past events --like battles of the civil war---have been know to happen---in extremely rare cases people have even reportly "smelt" odd smells at the time of the events like the battles reoccuring (sulfery smell of burnt gunpowder)----there are also reports of the dead interacting with the living thru modern electrical equiptment---phones,tv's and "oxide based" recording devices likes tape recorders and vcr recorders --(remember "rust" is just another form of oxide the stuff used to make recordings on tapes and such--I myself have a "open" mind and a belief that we as mere humans do not "know" everything that happens in this world much less the next----the recordings of the dead it's called "white noise" by some ---for stone non belivers nothing will change their mind but death itself, and the "shock" of it might cause them to become a "bad" ghost who knows? can a stone non beliver enter heaven---how can you go to a place you say doesn't exist--- it would make for a really lousy existance in my book. and thus create "a bitter or mean spirit"---**** the good news on the third day he rose agian (remember this bible passage --christ then "talked" with his followers--- the timing in this case can be very important)--it was 3 days later the phone call happened---the aunt wanted to "relieve" your mom from her worrying--it as such was really a "private" message from the aunt to your mom to calm and reassure your mom in both the aunt being ok and the afterlife ---not was ever meant for "wide spread" use for "others" to hear ---thus it "faded" out after being played a few times to keep from being turned into a "freak show" type item---- Ivan

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
ivan salis said:
yes evp ---electric voice phenomn ----the recording of voices of "dead" people and noises of long past events --like battles of the civil war---have been know to happen---in extremely rare cases people have even reportly "smelt" odd smells at the time of the events like the battles reoccuring (sulfery smell of burnt gunpowder)----there are also reports of the dead interacting with the living thru modern electrical equiptment---phones,tv's and "oxide based" recording devices likes tape recorders and vcr recorders --(remember "rust" is just another form of oxide the stuff used to make recordings on tapes and such--I myself have a "open" mind and a belief that we as mere humans do not "know" everything that happens in this world much less the next----the recordings of the dead it's called "white noise" by some ---for stone non belivers nothing will change their mind but death itself, and the "shock" of it might cause them to become a "bad" ghost who knows? can a stone non beliver enter heaven---how can you go to a place you say doesn't exist--- it would make for a really lousy existance in my book. and thus create "a bitter or mean spirit"---**** the good news on the third day he rose agian (remember this bible passage --christ then "talked" with his followers--- the timing in this case can be very important)--it was 3 days later the phone call happened---the aunt wanted to "relieve" your mom from her worrying--it as such was really a "private" message from the aunt to your mom to calm and reassure your mom in both the aunt being ok and the afterlife ---not was ever meant for "wide spread" use for "others" to hear ---thus it "faded" out after being played a few times to keep from being turned into a "freak show" type item---- Ivan

Some years ago I was reading a website about some researchers in Sweden? Germany? not sure. But they did some seances with invited guests (scientists and reporters) where the dead supposedly contacted them. they had blank film still sealed in its packaging where the dead would imprint images. pretty interesting. One of the dead was Thomas Jefferson (if I remember correctly) who even left a signature on the film and a drawing of one of his inventions. If I can refind the website I will post it here.

EDIT:Found it. here is the link

http://www.thescoleexperiment.com/

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
. . . about 3 days after my aunt was buried . . .

. . . it was 3 days later the phone call happened . . .

. . . the good news on the third day he rose agian . . .

Pardon the indeliciacies of discussing these unplesantries concerning a deceased relative, but three days dead is seldom three days buried unless the person was of a very orthodox religion. Usually one to four days, more if an autopsy is required, passes between death and interment. Been through this way too many times in the last 10 years and I'm getting good at scheduling and arrainging; sadly.

I also learned first hand that funeral announcements often notify crooks a home is likely empty. When Dad's viewing was occuring some rotten rat broke into my folks house and stole jewelry and money. About a month after a young couple showed up and the man claimed to have been in Boy Scouts with Dad (Dad was a district commissioner - as mentioned in the obituary). The woman asked to use the bathroom and then went into the kitchen with Mom to make coffee and gather cookies. After they left Mom noticed the man had cleaned out several rooms - and the police suspected he let someone else in who did the upstairs while he did the downstairs and kept watch. Nice. Two years later when we were packing Mom up to move into a senior center someone broke in between trips across town (took a box of old - including CW era - family photos! >:( Glad she's out of that neighboorhood. Mom was utterly devistated and afraid to be in or out of the house.

Not very Christian of me, but I wouldn't be disappointed if there is hell and/or eternal earthbound damnation for certain folks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions