Spooky day at the river

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the river Monday and started out kind of terrible with lots of trash and junk and then I ran into this Alien, hiding in my scoop. He tried to abduct me, but I was too fat for his little spaceship. Who says being fat is unhealthy. I may have thrown some good finds away because the area I was in was full of gravel, small rocks and freshwater mussels and they filled up my scoop and it was hard trying to sort thru all this mess. I plan to build a small scoop for water hunting and I have everything I need, I've just been running short of time. I found my first St. Christopher's medal, a ring that looks like brass with a #4 inside the band, 2 ear rings I believe are costume jewelry, fishing lure, file blade off a leatherman tool, 6-nickels, 3-dimes and 4-pennies. One of the nickels was 1940, but not sure if it's a war nickel with a tad of silver or not. Will look in the red book tomorrow. Photo-1, Alien, 2 &3-St. Christopher, 4 & 5 ring and 6-the other stuff. HH. Spooky day at the river 013 (Custom).jpg Spooky day at the river 008 (Custom).jpg Spooky day at the river 007 (Custom).jpg Spooky day at the river 009 (Custom).jpg Spooky day at the river 010 (Custom).jpg Spooky day at the river 004 (Custom).jpg

Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a great place to hunt. Seems to me like a place where old coins and gold finds are likely. A good scoop will definitely help.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is where I'd want to use a floating sifter, just dump the load into it and then sort through it... non metallic one and you can use the coil (or a pinpointer) to find the treasures.
More to be found there!
Cliff

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds... I agree sounds like the kind of spot that sooner or later is going to produce something really good..

chip12977

Jun 7, 2012
Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
War nickels have a P on the back above the Monticello, 1943-1945

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad that alien didn't beam you up! Neat finds! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread