Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soccer and football fields, I find more in the middle for some reason.
Just my experience. Do a search of the different areas and see where more goodies are.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ring silver.jpg

Recent soccer field find is the ring . At jeweler now getting repaired. It was smushed

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Soccer and football fields, I find more in the middle for some reason. Just my experience. Do a search of the different areas and see where more goodies are.

I was just going to say I find a lot more around the edges. Lol it's funny how different fields in different areas are completely the opposite. :)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On soccer fields, I tend to concentrate more in the goal to goal line of sight( the middle ). I usually have the time to give the spectator's area a quick hunt too though. On baseball fields, I have more luck in the spectator areas. If the field is used by organized teams, uniforms are usually worn so not much to be lost. I know there is still the occasional piece of jewelry but odd losses can be found anywhere at any site. Most parks and sports complexes in my area can't be done in one visit so I try and be thorough in the area I haven't hunted in previous trips.

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It makes sense to hit the area of the diamond on a baseball field. That's where most of the action, sliding, tagging and collisions occur.

OP
OP
W

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried a soccer area late last year, and found the motherlode of quarters (concession drops), but I just KNOW there's going to be jewlery someplace out there... Gotta go back.

Jeremy76

Jan 16, 2013
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the early 90's we were not allowed to wear any type of jewelry on the soccer field. On the sidelines however there were plenty of soccer moms with an abundance of bling on. In baseball the gold chain with pendant was quite popular with the players. Times have changed though. Maybe it depends on the sport.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions