• image-664079842.jpg
    image-664079842.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trick question! It is the ring! Nice man!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a teller tray score - I am guessing.

OP
OP
Local_coins

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CoinFetcher said:
It was a teller tray score - I am guessing.

Close, but no.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Local_coins

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took this Saturday morning to go hunt out of my area again. The banks are all played out. I got some CWR halves and lots of teller tray coins but no silver. The only highlight of the banks this morning was 56 Ike's from one branch! No silver and they are all common dates but I haven't checked for type 2's yet.

My plan on the way home was to swing through the ghetto and check a reliable quick stop I have never been skunked at and low and behold this is hat he pulled out of his till! He was a real fast talker and was selling prepaid cell phone cards to some lady in front of me, it was pretty funny. As he counted them to me he was looking at each coin, both sides, as he counted them. Not sure if he could tell they were silver or if he just wanted to make sure they were half dollars and not dollars. I left with a big grin as out went outside and looked across the street - another party store...

I walk into the store across the street and ask for halves, he has one - and it is silver! A 1967 but he won't sell it. I can see the date and hear the coin in my pocket with the rest of them but he was giving me some line about how his boss won't let him sell coins from the till. He tells me to go across the street and ask them!

After these two stops, I went to ever party store between there and home and found halves but found no more silver. I did talk to one owner about halves and he says he will save them for me, we'll see if he does. I am going to go back in a week to buy some from him if he really keeps them.

The dates on these are skewing the percentages as far as "what date do you find the most":

2-1969
1-1967
5-1966!!

1.18 oz @ $32.09 per oz = $38.21 for $4.00

I also picked up a box of dimes to search since the banks suck for halves!!!

Happy hunting, everyone.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Local_coins

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dime box gave up 4 silvers!

2-1964

You can see the pile of Ikes on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Attachments

• image-562225570.jpg
    image-562225570.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 128

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread