Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a real spreadsheet...more like a log. I print off all of the entries at the end of each month, and put them together with photos I've taken at different areas. At the end of the year I end up with a completed album that details all of my various adventures. Its fun to look back on particular years, especially when I've hit a cold streak.

jhittle

Jun 7, 2016
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
◄ Minelab CTX 3030
◄ XP Deus
◄ Minelab Equinox 800
◄ Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do i use an excel sheet to log what i find by month just for fun. the current sheet lists coin types and count of each by month with subtotals, if i get board later in the fall i was considering expanding it to date and location entry then have the spreadsheet have more data to filter on site/location totals. but that's another project.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I use a metal detecting database file I found on the Internet 5 years ago. One must have database software installed on the computer in order to open it. It's a broad ranging file with many categories I'll never use. So I simplify it to my needs. After most every hunt I enter my finds into it, along with type of hunt (Dirt or Water), and track hours with it too. So, now I know I have 96 hours swinging the CTX, and 80.5 hours with the Excal. PM me with your e-mail addy and I'll send a blank copy to you

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy a small hard cover pad and log each hunt - been doing this for over 40 yrs
I put place and date on top
then P N D Q H
for pennies - nickels - dimes - quarters - halves
down left side I list all good keepers - coins - jewelry - relics
lower right I put total coins and total sum

pearson

May 7, 2014
Gastonia, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030. Minelab 705, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The minelab ctx 3030 records you finds location

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have two that I made and use on a regular basis. One is for tracking finds over the past few years. The only down side to that is seeing how BAD I'm doing this year! :BangHead:

The other doesn't get as much use, but I'm glad I did it. It's coin types minted by year from 1800 - 1964, including all types from half cents to double eagles, even the never-gonna-find-it types (1804 silver dollar comes to mind). I use it when I have a date on a site to give me an idea of what might be there, or if I have a target coin in mind (I have only found one seated coin ever, for example and would love to find another) I can get an idea of what types/ages of sites to look for. The way I set it up is really convenient where the year column and the type row are floating, so that no matter where I scroll in the spreadsheet they're there for easy reference.

If anybody wants that coin type spreadsheet for reference let me know!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 75

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I'll mark something on a GPS if I have a good fined.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two that I made and use on a regular basis. One is for tracking finds over the past few years. The only down side to that is seeing how BAD I'm doing this year! :BangHead:

The other doesn't get as much use, but I'm glad I did it. It's coin types minted by year from 1800 - 1964, including all types from half cents to double eagles, even the never-gonna-find-it types (1804 silver dollar comes to mind). I use it when I have a date on a site to give me an idea of what might be there, or if I have a target coin in mind (I have only found one seated coin ever, for example and would love to find another) I can get an idea of what types/ages of sites to look for. The way I set it up is really convenient where the year column and the type row are floating, so that no matter where I scroll in the spreadsheet they're there for easy reference.

If anybody wants that coin type spreadsheet for reference let me know!

You've got some really nice coins this year -- most of us wouldn't call that a bad year at all! :notworthy:

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You've got some really nice coins this year -- most of us wouldn't call that a bad year at all! :notworthy:

Not compared to two years ago. At least last year I could blame it on being new to the CTX. This year it's just lack of time in the field! If only my tokens were silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread