ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you be more specific? I’m not sure I understand what your trying to say? Really, I’m confused. Spell it out for me please? Can you clarify for discussion sake if your an 9-5 worker, retired or otherwise? Why is it stupid?

Me 2... detest it... think it is and has been a stupid move every time and couldn't understand / Cant believe that it has gone on for this long.

"daylight savings time" even sounds "outdated"... "antique"... "old way"... etc etc.

There... is that better :)

PS...

sorry had to delete original post due to the fact I should not have been even on here last night ... wayyy toooo tired last night.

BUT... I stand by my statement... but somehow I quoted X-Ray's post... :/.... don't know why it was... but it was. SO...

Onward through the fog.

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me 2... detest it... think it is and has been a stupid move every time and couldn't understand / Cant believe that it has gone on for this long.

"daylight savings time" even sounds "outdated"... "antique"... "old way"... etc etc.

There... is that better :)

PS...

sorry had to delete original post due to the fact I should not have been even on here last night ... wayyy toooo tired last night.

BUT... I stand by my statement... but somehow I quoted X-Ray's post... :/.... don't know why it was... but it was. SO...

Onward through the fog.

I guess I missed it. ; )

“Stupid and old fashion” is a good enough reason for me.
I was just curious as to the reasons people are so opposed to the tradition (other than messing with the sleep schedule). But hey, I’m up at the wee hours of the morning...so I guess no complaining if I’m tired in the morning.

I’ve read that some people do not like daylight savings time because of reasons related to the climate. Something to do with it being hotter at night. Others say it has a negative impact on their business.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I missed it. ; )

“Stupid and old fashion” is a good enough reason for me.
I was just curious as to the reasons people are so opposed to the tradition (other than messing with the sleep schedule). But hey, I’m up at the wee hours of the morning...so I guess no complaining if I’m tired in the morning.

I’ve read that some people do not like daylight savings time because of reasons related to the climate. Something to do with it being hotter at night. Others say it has a negative impact on their business.

Wellllll... the main reason I hate the change is the fact that by the time I "adjust" and am "normal" again...

ITS TIME TO CHANGE IT AGIAN ! and the whole process starts over again. :/

heh.

See... I rarely... unless I need a specific wake time... use a clock to get up.

I "auto wake"... my internal clock works just fine... UNTIL this crapola... then everything is all screwy again.

Throws me off for weeks.

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What’s kind of funny...the part that really pisses people off is switching to daylight savings time. So they say we should do away with daylight savings time.

However extending daylight savings time year round will be equated to “doing away with it” because people won’t have to switch their clocks and have their sleep patterns messed with. Just something I found interesting.

I would have though most all metal detecting folks would wholeheartedly support daylight savings time because it extends the daylight hours after getting off work, which means more time to be out digging up treasure. I suppose some may prefer to hunt before work, but the majority likely hunt after the work is done.

455B132F-2674-4A2C-8688-BD27BA974047.jpeg

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an example of how confused people are about the issue...

Here is a lawmaker that wants to do away with daylight savings time.

C96A908A-85AD-4B13-8446-F68FF61AA7FD.jpeg
“ Fifteen other states currently have a resolution or similar legislation, but she feels the issue should be settled at the federal level, and points out that U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio just introduced a bill to end Daylight Saving Time nationwide.”

However the bill she is using to support her efforts to “end daylight savings time” is actuality is a bill to extend daylight savings time!

“TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Daylight Saving Time begins at 2 a.m. on Sunday, March 14, 2021 when you'll once again have to set your clock forward one hour. But Florida Senators Marco Rubio and Rick Scott, along with six other United States senators reintroduced the Sunshine Protection Act on Tuesday in an effort to make Daylight Saving Time (DST) permanent.”

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
The sun comes up, the sun goes down, Indian time is what that’s called here..

How about one time zone, on the east coast it’s at 6 west coast 10, when the sun comes up. Still 8 am start in the east but in the west you don’t start work till 12noon. A noon start time sounds good me?

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sun comes up, the sun goes down, Indian time is what that’s called here..

How about one time zone, on the east coast it’s at 6 west coast 10, when the sun comes up. Still 8 am start in the east but in the west you don’t start work till 12noon. A noon start time sounds good me?

Naw, if I MUST WORK, I’d rather get the work out of the way as early as possible and then get on with my day.
If your going to change the system..How about nobody works and we all just get up whatever time we feel like it to walk out to the mailbox to pick up our check.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
If your going to change the system..How about nobody works and we all just get up whatever time we feel like it to walk out to the mailbox to pick up our check.[/QUOTE]

That’s 99% of the problem in America. Somebody has to work to earn your money. No one wants to work, everyone wants more monies.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok then, I’ll support your plan...sleeping in till 11:00 am and going to work at noon.

Those folks on the east coast can start at 8 am and get that money earned.

; )

Hangman

Apr 12, 2014
Cape Coral Florida
Detector(s) used
BH Legacy 2500 , BH Time Ranger, El Cheapo pin pointer, ya gotta start some where !
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s likely less advantageous to retired folks that can choose their own schedule.
My bladder tell's me when to get up ! it doesn't care what time it is LOL !

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everytime the alarm clock springs forward I fall back into waking up twenty minutes before sunrise. I guess I'm just not cut out for time travel. But, I'm working using a twelve hour day anyhow and I figure I'll live about twice as long as any of your twenty-four hour day type people.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s likely less advantageous to retired folks that can choose their own schedule.
My Dad said it affects people still working who have to be on a schedule. He noticed temperamental changes in some people for a week or longer. When he retired the DST didn't bug him a bit. He likes the longer daylight cus he thinks the stock markets are open for another hour lol
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they should add a few more hours to the day... say bump it up to 30.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Dad said it affects people still working who have to be on a schedule. He noticed temperamental changes in some people for a week or longer. When he retired the DST didn't bug him a bit. He likes the longer daylight cus he thinks the stock markets are open for another hour lol
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Ya my parents are retired, yet still maintain a schedule. It affects us all.

At my work, the crews switch over to 10 hour shifts and take every Friday off.
They can’t wait for the time to switch in March.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
No one wants to work, everyone wants more monies.

I want more monies!!!

Already did my nearly 60 years on a payroll..... PAYING TAXES.....

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they should add a few more hours to the day... say bump it up to 30.

There was an owner of an engine shop who's chief mechanic swore he couldn't afford to do the labor for the time quoted in the estimate. "Oh yeah?", the owner said. "The labor is by the hour. I'm paying you by the minute."

"What difference does that make?" The mechanic asked?

"Well there is sixty minutes in an hour. But there is maybe only forty second in a minute."

The mechanic liked that idea.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread