Spring artifact hunting

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Ha ha. Good one Rusty. I need to get me some of them boots. Walking on a real soft sand bar on the flat river today my feet sunk into the water. This was right before I almost busted my a$$ climbing back up the bank.
I bet the water was moving pretty good today. This summer will be nice hunting. I found a spot on Guess Rd. That is being logged. I stopped and walked the road side and found two broken points. The spot is between the flat river and Eno. I've got to find out who owns this land. I also want to find out where flat river feeds falls lake. After this storm I plan on calling you to arrange a hunt. The most important find of a hunt is finding grounds that are significant. I'm looking places with no nice walking trail leading in. Secluded!! The fields are fun but I'm due a nice find. Those require hard work and tough boots. Get those Mucks! We can get to work then!!

ncnurseryman

Jul 28, 2013
north carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rusty. I live just down the street from that site. I can drive there in about five minutes. I haven't walked it though. It was just recently logged. I'll bet its an absentee owner logging it for money. There is a fair amount of land owned around here by out of state owners.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Rusty. I live just down the street from that site. I can drive there in about five minutes. I haven't walked it though. It was just recently logged. I'll bet its an absentee owner logging it for money. There is a fair amount of land owned around here by out of state owners.
Right by the church? You need to be on that site. It's a promise bro. Ten minutes and I had two tips. Found one in the church yard.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what is the difference between {muck} and regular water boots?

ncnurseryman

Jul 28, 2013
north carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rusty, do you mean the logged site on the corner of Russell road and guess road? If so, are you referring to that little church across guess road?

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like they are a combination of rubber bottom going into a neoprene upper.They are supposed to be light weight and comfortable.The neoprene allows them to breathe.It looks like they are available in different heights and come in an arctic version.It all sounds good as long as i can step out of the water then go walk a couple miles and still feel comfortable.Got a buddy works out in it year around says they are comfortable and waterproof....They seem to have a pretty decent warranty also.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like they are a combination of rubber bottom going into a neoprene upper.They are supposed to be light weight and comfortable.The neoprene allows them to breathe.It looks like they are available in different heights and come in an arctic version.It all sounds good as long as i can step out of the water then go walk a couple miles and still feel comfortable.Got a buddy works out in it year around says they are comfortable and waterproof....They seem to have a pretty decent warranty also.

I wonder if that is the type I had before cause those things lasted for ever. Just now they started to break down. At least 15 yrs old

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man i knew spring was moving a little slow this year and the weatherman just confirmed it.Two years ago the high temp. was 68°.The temperature now 4° ouch.My power has been off three times in the last six days and i got about 18" of snow on the ground.This one day before ......THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING....Last year i was digging by now...Wheres the love?For all you folks out there not finding much believe me it could be worse.....mjm

ForumRunner_20140319_063232.png

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man i knew spring was moving a little slow this year and the weatherman just confirmed it.Two years ago the high temp. was 68°.The temperature now 4° ouch.My power has been off three times in the last six days and i got about 18" of snow on the ground.This one day before ......THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING....Last year i was digging by now...Wheres the love?For all you folks out there not finding much believe me it could be worse.....mjm

View attachment 962447
It was going to be 64 today the weather people said. I took a lite sweater and went to the creek today. I bet it didnt get over 50. I was cold and wet and didnt find anything worth posting but at least there wasnt any snow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions