spring...........finally!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's on and off here 60* yesterday, 42* today, but the daffodils are blooming and I had my first find of a brass padlock. In lke a lion / out like a lamb. Frank

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where?

Was almost 70 monday. Guess that was our spring. Dropping down into the teens tomorrow night, freezing rain and snow showers....UGH!
Just had a tornado hit a town about 20 miles from me tonight. Didn't even know the weather was that bad. Had some hail here for about 5 min, no wind, very little thunder and lightening. Pennsylvania has the weirdest weather.
Next week it'll probably hit 80 then snow again...lol

Al

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
I'm in Wisconsin, and I can finally see the deer in my back yard!!

Attachments

• deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 202
  • deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 199

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
29 degrees in Ohio right now. This one's gonna skip spring and go right into summer............eventually :P

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Spring? I"m gonna be doing my second all time snow dig on Sunday.

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Spring?? I was out on Sun, Mon and Tue. detecting without a coat on bare ground with a few snowy areas in the shade, but winter came back and dumped 3" of wet snow on us with temps in the mid 20's.

philinchio

Dec 24, 2010
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster Pro
I live in Alaska. Spring doesn't exist up here. :P

Did get some good news though. I talked to campus police earlier today about MDing and they said there's no problem with detecting around campus. UAF's been around since 1917, so when the snow finally decides to melt I hope to find some goodies buried near the older buildings and grassy areas. ;D

Nevada Coyote

Oct 20, 2009
Yerington, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger, Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's spring here in Nevada too, we had 4 inches of snow one day and a skift of snow another, the wind is blowing and it is still cold..............welcome to springtime in Nevada. :coffee2: Don't ya just love it. :laughing9:
Nevada Coyote

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab X-terra 705, Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live in N.W. Montana just 20 miles from Glacier Park. Was out detecting today T-shirt and jeans weather. Found 2 dimes 4 or 5 nickels and three pennies one of which is a 1935D wheatie. Going detecting tomorrow also. Snow is going away. About time. Hopefully we won't get any surprise snow dumps. Can't wait to get in mountains and find some gold nuggets.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More snow this weekend. :-\

Hoping for a radical change by the following weekend when I scheduled a small vacation from work to head up to the mountains for a long detecting weekend. Sure don't want to spend 4 days looking out a motel window.
Hopefully, the bears and rattlers will still think it's winter :thumbsup:

Al

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
deepskyal said:

Hoping for a radical change by the following weekend when I scheduled a small vacation from work to head up to the mountains for a long detecting weekend. Sure don't want to spend 4 days looking out a motel window.

Al

From what I've read over the years, you have been very near to where I live, only farther north. A heads up. In the last several days I have been hiking through 2" and up to 7" of snow. I have all but given up trying to find places to detect. Any bare ground is froze a couple inches deep. Good luck.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lumbercamp said:
deepskyal said:

Al

From what I've read over the years, you have been very near to where I live, only farther north. A heads up. In the last several days I have been hiking through 2" and up to 7" of snow. I have all but given up trying to find places to detect. Any bare ground is froze a couple inches deep. Good luck.

Thanks...I think.
I'm gonna go check some sites there and see if there's still a lot of snow on the ground. Maybe ask the motel would make more sense when I go to make reservations.

In my excitement, never considered that possibility since snow melted here a few weeks back. I can always cancel my vacation to a later time. Just want to beat the weed growth, bears and fishermen. Rattler territory there but don't expect them to be out and about til it really warms up.

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread