Spring time cabin fever!

J

Jaxom

If it wasn't bad enough waiting through the long cold winter here in Chicagoland, now I have to watch my pans and metal detector sit once more. On April 28th I was laid off from my job. Right away I got my resume' up on Careerbuilders and Monster job boards. Daily I check these and other boards as well. But now, nearly month later, I still haven't heard a word from any prespective employer. Tommaro, the 22nd I'm gonna head to the unemployment office and do redtape battle there....this will be my first time out of the house in two weeks! Gas being as expensive as it is, and cash being short, I just don't go anywhere....but I'm going nuts!!!!

What this has to do with gold prospecting... Would anyone like to hook up and do some panning/sluicing? I have my own pans, buckets, pre-screens, crevice sucker and sluice box. The only thing I don't have that I wish I did was a pair of hip waders. I have two local spots in mind that wouldn't hurt to bad on the budget. The first I mentioned in another post is Salt creek, not all to far from Brookfield Zoo. Another is an exposed bedrock "ford" across a river. This is VERY rare in Illinois and I think has good potential. (Although, when I slipped out of the house briefly to get milk and eggs, I noticed this second spot was under water from all the rain we just had over the last week....good for more gold being moved...bad because it's under 3' of fast moving flood water)

Fairs fair.... Once I do get past this current slump, and catch up on bills and child support, I'd be more then willing to travel to where others might wanna do some group panning.

If interested we can either set things up here for a group thing, or email me at [email protected]

tia,

Jaxxx

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions