Springfield ohio gold

gregz

Jul 7, 2013
Still very new to prospecting. Found a pretty cool looking spot. The creek that comes in from the right has shown it has gold. The one coming in from the top has not. This is where the two come together. About 200 yards upstream is a low head dam on the gold bearing creek. I guess my question is should I try my hand in this area or pass it by? Just looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image-4265344080.jpg
    image-4265344080.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 419

2020hindsite

May 28, 2013
Free
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no magic formula stating where gold will be found, there is just suggestions and tips as to how gold acts and what to look for to increase your chances of finding it.
Don't pass anything by! Prospect it and know for sure. Just make sure you keep an eye out for glacial material, hard pack clay and bedrock. Also look for your indicator minerals and get a general idea of how gold acts and the best places to find where it's concentrated.
Assuming that the creek flows from top to bottom I would check right where the 2 creeks come together where the creek is widest. Also check out that gravel bar where the drift wood tree is sitting. Also look for broken glass, bullets, nails and steel or iron. These things usually hang pretty close to gold if its there.

OP
OP
gregz

gregz

Jul 7, 2013
Great. Thanks a lot! looking for all the advice I can get. Still have lots to learn but the thrill has got me. Darn gold bug. Once again I appreciate you taking the time to read and answer. Ill let you know how it all pans out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread