Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Moe,

Go there? Where are you? I am in Palm Coast and went up there to check out all the parks. The beaches are about the same as Daytona. Saw three other guys hunting while I was there a few weekends back (at the beach).

The parks were deserted, as I was there during mid day, when it was about 100 degrees. I was the only car in some of the parking lots.

Jack

flotsam

Jun 5, 2007
Last summer I was at Anastasia beach diving in shallow water with my MD'er. The surf was calm and visibility was unusually good for that area. I found a pendant that is oval in shape, encircled with what I thought were diamond chips (there not diamond chips), with a flower made with miniature pearls. I thought I hit the mother load. I didn't. But it is still a neat find. I have MD'ed that beach a lot and that is my best find. Mostly loose change, fishing equipment, and cheap jewelry. I worth while place to MD'ed.

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Larry,

Moe, Sapper, Ascholten and I hunt that area all the time, but not the island. It's a State Park and a National Monument.

I remember years ago when my son wanted to metal detect at a Historic Site near Washington D.C. and the kind ranger told him "Sure you can, but you will get a $50,000 fine, have to give us your metal detector and everything you found. Oh yeah, and you will have to go to jail for a year."

My son opted not to detect there.

Jack

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Larry,

VERY Great area!!, lots of history there. Jack is right , rattlesnake Is. NPS area.
way back the nsp was going to give that area up. nsp lock in for good.. what can you do;

Jack , gone out lately. I hope to get out next month.

good hunting to all.

sapper

JvilleHunter

Jun 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Equinox 800
I went out last weekend...last beach entrance before the bridge at Matanzas.....then north of the entrance.....stayed close to the water's edge....found a Corona beer top...lol. I think thats where someone told me hunt..;). I'll be down there Friday morning (this morning) and do some more hunting. If anyone is down there, stop by and say hello....I'll be in the black Dodge Ram pickup. Was thinking about stopping by the library and try to find some old maps of home sites, old parks, or anything that may have some kind of population in the old days. Not sure how to look for this stuff but im gonna try. Met a guy recently (president of a local historical society) that told me that they found an area and have been digging for a couple of weeks...so far they have pulled out over 700 spanish reales. ;)

JvilleHunter

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
guys

didnt know rattlesnke was off limits. Now i definitely will not go there. ;)

If only you could hunt fort mantazas!! I could only imagine hhow much cool spanish artifacts that couldbe found.

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
JvilleHunter,

long time no see.. Once the sand moves out, it's a very good area. I hope next month
i'll be in the area: maybe hookup; keep watching the sand!!!!!

good hunting, sapper

OP
OP
Moe (fl)

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JvilleHunter,

700 spanish reales, wow! That sounds like a treasure was found. Awesome!

HH.
Moe

JvilleHunter

Jun 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Equinox 800
Well...I have no way of confirming what he's told me. His "club" likes to keep everything to themselves....but he lets the cat out of the bag once in a while. From my understanding, it wasn't a cache....but an area in which he called a "hole". I think I'd mess myself if I found one reale :o

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Jack, JvilleH, mo, Asch.

where you guys hunting today, south of Matanzas.. Wow
I never seen so many people there.. I was coming back from Flager Bch. looking for
fishing sites. there where 7 hunters on the beach. I remember the days there no one
in the that area. well, keep hunting. good luck

sapper

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys,

Not I, I was out on a motorcycle ride over to 3 Bananas.

Aaron talking about finding those coins and stuff is bound to get some more interest in the area. It's the ones that hunt the area all the time that know the sand is a foot or more deeper than normal though . . .

Jack

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Jack,

your right about the sand!!!. we need a small storm this year!
just to take away the sand. about 5 ft would be great. not asking for much..

Later sapper

OP
OP
Moe (fl)

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is too much sand everywhere!

I checked a couple of places and found a few clad coins. One thing I noticed was the number of holes someone left at one site. I covered several holes that were not mine. I don't understand why people don't cover their holes. The state may shut down the whole area because of people leaving holes.

Hey Sapper- did you have better luck down Flagger Beach?

HH.
Moe

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Mo,

I was looking for Fishing sites. Maybe next month I'll get back out.
there's to much sand in. everyone needs to Cover there holes, Specially in that area!
that's all the worthless seaturtle people need to take away detecting in that area.
During my Surf Fishing season Along A1A around North Vilano Bch. if you get caught on the Beach
before sunrise during turtle season, Fishing or Detecting they call the Police on you. But if you pay the worthless turtle people, to go threw a Safety Turtle Class. then you can get on the beach at 530. go figure. NOTHING
against the seaturtles, they been around for millions of years without help. there using the WRONG reason
to keep people away, and off the there Beach's Now. sorry mo, and everyone for running on like this.
every Year up and down the coast, I hear horror story's. Keep detecting, . keep fishing.

good luck to all.
Sapper

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Area,

Coming back from the south again: someone was working the area .
someone told him, they where finding French stuff. who knows? with the heavy surf past
two days. anything can happened, I seen stranger things, when it comes to treasure hunting.
sand is somewhat moving.

good luck,

OP
OP
Moe (fl)

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Sapper,

What general areas do you go besides Flagler Beach? I heard that there is potential there. Some old timers have mentioned this area, but I have not gone there myself. The entire coastline is probably good between Fernandina and Daytona Beach. The problem is that unless you know specific sections you could be spending years looking up and down the coast. It is a test of patience, good research and a lot of luck in my opinion.

Good luck!
Moe

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Mo,

I'm fishing down in Flager Bch., not Detecting. but if you do your research,
there's many Great site's along NE coast. Just wait for the sand to go out.

good luck.

vulcan007

Dec 4, 2007
Ahoy mates!

shiver me timbers fellas... 8)

Jvillahuntr mate that is to mush boooty fer one fella! :D

good day mateys!

follow tha code!
V

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread