St. Christopher, St. Francis Medals and more From S.F. Park

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit one of my favorite parks again in San Francisco and pulled out 8 wheaties, a 1935-S buffalo nickel, and two religious medals. The Saint Christopher is sterling silver, it was a solid 6" hit. The silver ring was also 6 inches deep. The buffalo nickel must have been a gopher gift, it was only a couple of inches near a bunch of gopher mounds. Hunted for 8 hours and couldn't find a silver coin? Can you believe it, after the park hunting I hit a wood chip box in a kids play and pull out an 1964 rosie!

Attachments

• buffalo058.jpg
    buffalo058.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 350
  • Christopher2061.jpg
    Christopher2061.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 341
  • dimewheats062.jpg
    dimewheats062.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 344
  • saintfrancis063.jpg
    saintfrancis063.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 340
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cool Hand Fluke

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FreeHunter said:
I once detected a sand volleyball court and found a 1954 quarter! It Happens ;D Good Job on all that silver :thumbsup: jerry.

It's amazing what kids will bring to the swing set areas in the schools and parks. I've gotten Indian head pennies, buffalo nickels, several silver rosie dimes, and even a Franklyn half dollar once that was right under a swing! ;D Just wish the kids would start bringing the gold coins to school and loose them to in the bark/sand boxes too! ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread