St.George Island-Flordia

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
St.George Island-Flordia

I keep finding references to caches on St. George Island.
-William "Billy Bowlegs" Rogers is said to have buried several of his treasure chests near St. Georges Island Lighthouse.
-A cache of 5 treasure chests is said to be buried at the very westerly tip of St. Georges.
-A schooner loaded with 160 oak barrels of Irish whiskey wrecked on the Eastern end of the island. They buried them in the beach. The ships strong box was buried just West of the whiskey.
-$6M in gold bars in clay crocks were buried on the East end of the island by the Spanish at a dept of 8'.

Has anyone looked into any of this and found reason to look or not to look for this?
Frank

jharris473

Greenie
Dec 14, 2005
Re: St.George Island-Flordia

Ok, I'm hooked. If you need a partner (a quiet one of course) I'm in.

Jharris

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Lastleg, would that Irish whisky have anything to do with your decision?

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Are there many houses around the lighthouse?

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Danny, your village wants you back !

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I ask if there were any houses around where the treasure is support to be bury, because if the are, it would be hard searching for treasures. Have a good day.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frankn
I am outrage with your sick jokes and harassment and insults aim at me. Shame on you. You should be ban for life.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Danny, the only reason you ask that question was to move the post up and get your name in the right hand column. I doubt weather you will ever go to St. George Island. There is no reason to ask a question about 166 posts.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

#8 is full of hate and insults and Frankn should be banned for life. While I may only treasure hunt in New York State and New England, I enjoy reading stories about other states and islands and other countries that I will never go to. People read treasure magazines about states that they will never visit, but enjoy reading the stories, such as myself. Frankn should be ashamed of his self and ask the Lord, for forgiveness.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

How about #8 is full of truth! If you enjoy reading old post, by all means enjoy yourself, but don't bump them up to the top by adding a nonsense or irreverent comment jest to get your name in the right hand column. Have some respect for the other members. Look at the posts. You have just about killed the posting here. I have spoken my part I will now retire and allow Danny to completely fill the right hand column and see if any monitor is awake to catch it.Frank

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank
I had sent you a e mail telling you how I feel about you. Stop insulting and harassing me and being just mean. Many people enjoy reading old posts, and we call it Freedom of Speech.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Yes I got your E Mail in which you called me an a ss and other names before you threatened me.
I will get down to your level. Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never heart me.
For someone over 50 you are lacking! Frank

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

#12... Frankn.... Stop lying and stop harassing and insulting me. I do not make threats. I do not even know where you live. Don't response to my comments, and I will not response to your comments unless they pertain to me.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Stop the petty bickering and get back on the subject. Most of those treasures have either already been recovered or they are buried way too deep.

I'm surprised Danny has not been banned already.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

Salvor6, I think you just read his last post. Frank

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I go over to St. George Island to to East end, into the Park to hunt. The treasure is deep, deep, deep. Houses all over the place now and sand dunes ( which are a no-no to detect on). The east end has private homes also. But ya never know :dontknow: some lucky person just may hit on it, and low and behold, guess who will be there taking it from you as you dig?! Because it is over 50 years old of course! And there is no way you could hide a "treasure chest" or it's contents in your pouch! :help: But.... if I am still around this place, COUNT ME IN :hello2:

tropicalsue

Aug 24, 2011
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro

LadyPirate said:
I go over to St. George Island to to East end, into the Park to hunt. The treasure is deep, deep, deep. Houses all over the place now and sand dunes ( which are a no-no to detect on). The east end has private homes also. But ya never know :dontknow: some lucky person just may hit on it, and low and behold, guess who will be there taking it from you as you dig?! Because it is over 50 years old of course! And there is no way you could hide a "treasure chest" or it's contents in your pouch! :help: But.... if I am still around this place, COUNT ME IN :hello2:

Hi Lady pirate, sounds good. I wonder if using a long skinny pole & just poking it around, down into the sand would work some?? A few feet long or so. But if it hits harder clay then?? What about those deeper sonar things on wheels that cops & other groups use?? You know what I mean??

hh, tropical sue & kelly k9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread