St. George Island

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
What kind of detector are you using? You should have no problem with the dry, but if you venture into the wet sand (tidal zone), then you'll have to turn down your sensitivity as the salt will cause most land detectors to false and read "foil". Hit the access points and focus on the towel line. Also, trash can areas can be frustrating, but there is also potential for some nice finds. Good luck and happy hunting.

flotsam

Jun 5, 2007
It's a beautiful island. Just hit the beach. Bring your fishing pole. Check and Make sure they aren't having a red tide during your vacation.

OP
OP
R

Rosco161

Greenie
Sep 10, 2008
Thank you very much guys... We love it down there and this will be my first trip with the Metal Detector.... As many times as I have been down there I have never seen anyone using one. I hope to get luck with a nice find. I use an Ace 250 and have hunted for about a year on and off. Any idea what kinds of finds are found down there?

I am flying so the fishing pole is out of the question.... Might buy one while I am there any idea what to fish for and what to use for bait?

Thanks guys any help on either subject would be great.

Rosco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread