St. Lucie beaches access

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, got my second written warning for being in a "closed" area. Checked the county website, nothing. Parking lot was open and cleaned. No construction equipment. Looked good to me. I have no idea what the heck is going on up there, except at least they're nice enuf not to tow my truck. Moral of the story...treasure hunting is a banned endeavor? Oh, you want a report too?? Whaddya think I am? ok..some erosion, high tide, nothing exciting found by yr. obd. servant.

Upvote 0

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
I talked with my sister who went to Jensen Beach with a friend and said it was loaded with people (not Detectorists) and she then went to Stuart beach and said it was the same. Also it seems odd that they only are picking on the treasure beaches. Maybe Somebody in the system doesn't want people out there hunting.

OP
OP
B

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Stuart and Jensen are in Martin County...closed areas are well marked. Same with Indian River county (Vero area). Only St. Lucie seems to be inconsistent, and still has most of its coastline supposedly off limits. BTW, Wabasso area of Indian River county most of the parking areas are closed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread