Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if my lotto numbers hit during that time I may cruise by on my treasure hunting yacht and loot for a spell.

Last edited:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are bound to have some fun. I did both the French side and the Dutch side. The French was better for me. Anyway, good luck!

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Orient Beach produced coins from many countries but mostly Euros last time I was there. The water was rough and the bottom drops off quickly.
This is my all time favorite place to hunt. Even if you found nothing this is a fine place to be. Best of luck.

OP
OP
Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spend most of my time on Orient Beach but there are some other great beaches too.

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd love to search that beach where folks get tumbled by the 747 exhaust. Gotta be a lot of stuff lost here.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to search that beach where folks get tumbled by the 747 exhaust. Gotta be a lot of stuff lost here.

That's Maho beach. Very possibly, but also possibly hunted a lot. There is a bedrock base that is very shallow about 10ft off the shore. It has a lot of shallow channels and holes worn into it which should be perfect for trapping heavies like placer gold gets trapped in rivers. You wouldn't have to search the entire beach, just these channels. Two problems though, the surf can be too rough to stay in one place long enough if you are snorkeling. I would recommend scuba and extra weights to hold you in place. Second, When I was there, I hand-searched many spots, where rocks were all stopped together and behind the bigger rocks(boulders). I would repeatedly breathhold dive (5 - 6 feet deep) and toss large rocks and hand-fan the sand down to bedrock. I found ZERO jewelry. All I found were a few coins.

If I went back with a detector, I would try it again though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread