Staking a claim today near Rich Hill, AZ

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TimC and I put some claim markers in the ground today. Saw many bunnies today but no Easter egg hunts. It is off to Yavapai county tomorrow to file the papers. Already sampled the land with good results. 80 acres. Found a fenceline that tried to "throw" my Jeep but, after some sliding, we made it. TTC

Upvote 0

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had heard that a bunch of land out there was left to expire....

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had heard that a bunch of land out there was left to expire....
LOTS of claimable land for the taking! The big guys are getting hit hard because the new fee system is gouging them. Us small time propectors are getting chances to work claims we work in good areas not available last year. TimC's knowledge of the LR2000 page makes locating and filing on good ground a SNAP! We have more close calls on some HAIRY trails closer to Wickenburg. Tnx. TTC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must add, the commercial operations always had to pay the maint. few for their claims. The smaller miner could put eight, 20acre parcels together and (all with common borders) file them as one claim. $140/yr maint. fee. Now every 20acre parcel is $140/yr. If you have 10 claims or less you can file a waiver and pay $10 waiver filing fee for each of the claims, up to ten. If you have 11 claims you pay the $140/ for each. By the way, if one 20acre claim has two owners, each person is counted as having one claim. So it saves money if two partners each file one claim each. So, to make a short story long, if the partners each filed ten claims seperately, and they file waivers, they have twenty claims and pay a total of $200/yr. If they have both their names on each claim they can only file ten claims before they have to pay the full $140/yr. for each claim. So if they file one more claim with both of their names on it (11 claims now) the yearly total now jumps to $1540. That is why so many claims became available. (I think I got it right.)

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked the cramps out of my two typing fingers, so heer is a wrap-up

Two partners... one has ten claims with just his name on them, and the other partner also has ten claims with just his name on them... 10 claims $100/yr
_+10claims _100/yr
20claims $200/yr

Two partners with both of their names on 20 claimes....

20 claimes @ $140 = $2800/yr

Which way would you file 20 claims? (A no brainer.)

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I heard the general out line of that pricing. Good break down.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
TimC and I put some claim markers in the ground today. Saw many bunnies today but no Easter egg hunts. It is off to Yavapai county tomorrow to file the papers. Already sampled the land with good results. 80 acres. Found a fenceline that tried to "throw" my Jeep but, after some sliding, we made it. TTC

Have shovel, drywasher, and diggers
will travel !

you guys have a good time out there and goodluck..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations Guys! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Give'm hell TC .
We came down that grade going out to the claim. For every two feet we rolled down, we slid one. Going UP caused me to thing I WAS going to go to hell. I had to be sure he had his seatbelt on so if we tipped my way (the expected tip direction) Tim would not fall on me and smother me! Tnx. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't you just love jeeps?! Eisenhower said they were what won WWII for us. Nice Video Terry and Tim
My first Jeep.... Sorry, Ford, (how do you say bye bye in Chinese..... I think I'm going to have to learn). TTC

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry,
Up is the wrong direction for Hell. On a steep hill like that putting the brakes on real quick can cause the vehicle to pivot upwards on the rear wheels as the weight of the engine is pulled backward by gravity. At that moment you might say something special and hopefully you will remember it for years to come. Jeeps are a great deal of fun, having had an M38-A1 as well as a 1949 Willys 4 X 4 pickup truck allowed me to find myself in a variety of conditions/positions from sunk to over sideways but all good memories. When do you put the winch on the front............63bkpkr/Herb

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,
Up is the wrong direction for Hell. On a steep hill like that putting the brakes on real quick can cause the vehicle to pivot upwards on the rear wheels as the weight of the engine is pulled backward by gravity. At that moment you might say something special and hopefully you will remember it for years to come. Jeeps are a great deal of fun, having had an M38-A1 as well as a 1949 Willys 4 X 4 pickup truck allowed me to find myself in a variety of conditions/positions from sunk to over sideways but all good memories. When do you put the winch on the front............63bkpkr/Herb
I'll probably put the winch on the SECOND time I really need it! Tnx. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread