Stamp Book

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All,
I bought a stamp book at an antique shop in St.Francisville La this past week end. It is copyright1942. There are U.S stamps as well as some from other countries. I did a bit of research and now know a little about the Scott numbers. I am wondering if I would come out better selling the entire book on Ebay or sell each stamp individually. I have included a couple of pictures so that you can get a small idea of whats here. The book is called: The World United States and Foreign postage stamp album. Spaces for 4000 stamps. 2225 illustrations including all famous Americans. Any questions I can give more details about whats in it and more pix if necessary. Thanks, Shane

Attachments

• stamps 001 (Small).jpg
    stamps 001 (Small).jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 313
  • stamps 006 (Small).jpg
    stamps 006 (Small).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 291

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
shanegalang,

that is a very small stamp album.

4,000 is not a lot of stamps for the US and
the world.

Unless there is a special stamp in that collection
would not think it would be worth much. (because
of the size of the album the collector used)

Keep in mind when looking at "Scott Values" that
you would be lucky to get 50 percent of what is
listed on most common stamps.

Since you know of Scotts, I think your best bet
would be to check each stamp price.

Stamps after 1930 are very common, often called
"wallpaper."

Your could have some good ones, but the only way to
know would be checking each one. Time, time., time.

Start checking a few, and if most are the 10-25 cent types,
most will be the same. 10-25 cent stamps are almost worthless
if your trying to make a buck.

Best, hope you come across some good ones.

have a good un..........
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Shermanville.........I only read about the Scott numbers. I see that there are like what 6 volumes? I have none to refer to. I wish I knew what the numbers under each stamp meant. I am assuming they were just this particular books way of numbering their stamps. Like for instance one has the number 924 .02 Some are from really odd, well odd to me, countries. I know what you mean about the time! I collect coins and thats where most of my hobby time goes. Do you know if there is an online Scott number reference? Like where I might type in each stamp one at a time to find values? Thanks for your help!!! Shane

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
shanegalang said:
Thanks Shermanville.........I only read about the Scott numbers. I see that there are like what 6 volumes? I have none to refer to. I wish I knew what the numbers under each stamp meant. I am assuming they were just this particular books way of numbering their stamps. Like for instance one has the number 924 .02 Some are from really odd, well odd to me, countries. I know what you mean about the time! I collect coins and thats where most of my hobby time goes. Do you know if there is an online Scott number reference? Like where I might type in each stamp one at a time to find values? Thanks for your help!!! Shane

Most libraries carry a set of Scott books.

Think that there are online listings but they
charge a fee. :-\ >:(

You can go here and get some idea of what
stamps folks are selling; go into the U.S. section
by the dates and often they give the Scott #'s also:

http://www.stampwants.com/index.php

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok Thanks........My wife stopped and bought a U.S Stamp book to try and fill in. Got her interested in the stamps now. Lol. I have noticed that the majority of these are older than 40s. They are mostly from what I can tell so far from the 30s, 20s ect. And some nice old foreign ones. I will probably pay a fee and look them all up on a site. Is there a "best" pay site you could recomend to research from? thanks again, Shane

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread