Stampless yellow half box gave me 2x 1964s!

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a yellow H.F. String & Son box from the usual bank, but I noticed there was no stamp on the box at all. In it, I found two 1964s and nothing else. This is the first time I have found two 64s in one box, but also without any accommodating 40%ers either. What is up with that? I have only started to notice stamps now that I am seeing a lot of chatter on here about them, and was surprised to notice there were none.

Also, who are these yellow half boxes from? Loomis, Garda? By yellow, I mean a brown cardboard box with yellow ink around the lining.

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the rolls yellow and white? Also who is your bank?

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would assume dunbar, but they may be loomis

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My boxes have been the same. The ones with the "4015" stamp were skunks. I think the boxes that were not skunks had no stamps at all.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what my Loomis boxes look like, but I think that maybe Garda and/or Dunbar uses those same boxes in certain areas.

As far as the date/source code stamps, I wouldn't worry about it. Its not like you can order boxes with certain codes. All you can do is order and open whatever you get hoping for the best. My Loomis boxes typically have the same 4 digit code or no code/stamp whatsoever. But, 2 or 3 times a year I'll get boxes with a different 4 digit code or a date stamp. These differently marked boxes have never failed to produce. My normal boxes average about 1 40% per 2 boxes. The "different boxes" average at least 5 keepers per box. I don't know if the good boxes come from another Loomis facility or its all just a big coincidence. At any rate, it doesn't matter as I have no control over what the Loomis man delivers.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I can't specify how I want my boxes to be stamped, what color they are, etc. All I can do is try different banks in order to end up with different suppliers/couriers.

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the rolls yellow and white? Also who is your bank?

Yes they are the yellow and white rolls. Not to be an a$$, but I don't reveal my banks, but I will tell you that it is one of the big boys.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weaselbrott said:
Yes they are the yellow and white rolls. Not to be an a$$, but I don't reveal my banks, but I will tell you that it is one of the big boys.

No problem man.. Just trying to figure it out.. I would say loomis or dunbar..

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do the rolls say on them?

Like this:
12065399_1.jpg

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a skunk box with a stamp on it today also, but the rolls looked like they had already been search before. The rolls are like the ones pictured above, but each one had an end that looked like it was rerolled by hand. I know they look like they were rerolled, because that is what I do on these type of rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread