Stanly Narrow Stem

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
An in-situ of a Stanly Narrow Stem sticking out of the bank of a washout. The last 48 hours have been good to me. I found some good pieces on friday but had to call it quits after a very close lightning strike and storm. I went back today to pick up where I left off and found a bunch more. The nonstop rain is really exposing alot of material and creating some deep washouts in the field.

Upvote 0
Very nice and great in-situ.

When you say a close lightning strike, how close was it?

Felinepeachy said:
Very nice and great in-situ.

When you say a close lightning strike, how lose was it?

Probably 250 yards or so, came out of nowhere, the thunder that followed actually shook the ground. When I was running to my ride I remember a strange smell in the air. Thanks Peachy.

OMG I would have been so terrified I don't know that I would have been able to even run. I tend to freeze in my tracks like a deer when I get scared like that LOL
158.gif

Must of been a stanly week. Awsome find but where are the rest? You win on the Stanlys though wanna trade lol

bsit1361 said:
Must of been a stanly week. Awsome find but where are the rest? You win on the Stanlys though wanna trade lol
Appears to be, I took a bunch of in-situs today and need to resize a few more to post, it's gonna be pic heavy, lol.

So sis broke the tip on your Stanly? What's up with that man, that's not cool.

1AB Hunter said:
Always like finding them with the tip exposed or the base. Imagination goes wild !!!

Me too, I usually start thinking please be whole, please be whole.

Appreciate the comments folks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back