Star note, what is it worth? _*~_*~BUFFALOBOY~*_~*_

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, I've been holding onto a nice star note for a while now, wondering if it is worth anything, or if I should spend it...

What I have is a 2006 $100 bill star note, nothing special... serial # starts with 2 zeroes. The bill is slightly circulated(a little bend on the top part of the bill), but overall, "uncirculated" to me...

Just wondering if there is a market for star notes of higher denominations... thanks for your help!
HH
Buff

Upvote 0

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey folks, I've been holding onto a nice star note for a while now, wondering if it is worth anything, or if I should spend it...

What I have is a 2006 $100 bill star note, nothing special... serial # starts with 2 zeroes. The bill is slightly circulated(a little bend on the top part of the bill), but overall, "uncirculated" to me...

Just wondering if there is a market for star notes of higher denominations... thanks for your help!
HH
Buff

You can enter it here and determine the rarity of it.

My Currency Collection - Star Note Lookup

If you post it into the paper currency subforum, AU24K or Mackaydon most definitely could help you out. I don't think you will get much help from the CRHing forum, probably just lots of posts telling you to post in the correct forum.

-DS

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Buff, I haven't tried a hundred yet, but I have a incirculated 50 star note on there now with no bids and a buy it now of 60.00. I also have a 1981 100 dollar bill on there right now that has 1 bid for 105.00, waiting to see how the older bill pans out, I get them all the time from my dump money, I allways ask for large bills. I have the tellers on the look out for 500.00 and 1000.00 bills for me to buy, thats where the money is! HH, Maverick.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Buff, I haven't tried a hundred yet, but I have a incirculated 50 star note on there now with no bids and a buy it now of 60.00. I also have a 1981 100 dollar bill on there right now that has 1 bid for 105.00, waiting to see how the older bill pans out, I get them all the time from my dump money, I allways ask for large bills. I have the tellers on the look out for 500.00 and 1000.00 bills for me to buy, thats where the money is! HH, Maverick.

I would pass out if I found a $500 or $1000 bill. lol.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I would pass out if I found a $500 or $1000 bill. lol.

It's one of my new quests, 1 teller told me that a business had turned a 1000 dollar bill in some months ago and they just sent it off, WHAT! I told her if they ever got any in again to call me and I'd come buy it, or a 500 dollar bill. We'll see.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think (and I could be completely wrong) that when banks get them, they are supposed to be pulled from circulation and shredded. :( I think that's what is supposed to happen, but I don't know. They pulled them out of circulation in 1969.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how would I be able to tell that one? the bill's serial number starts out with HF though. Thanks,
Buff
The last six to sell on Ebay went for between $118 and $145; perhaps depending upon their condition.
Is your 'star' bill from Richmond or SFO?
Don....

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Homies: Better watch out, there are people out there just stamping star's on some bills, found a $2 bill and the star just did not look right. Take a picture.

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
how would I be able to tell that one? the bill's serial number starts out with HF though. Thanks,
Buff

I would probably just spend it then. The 'F' is for the Fed Reserve of Richmond, and there were about 1.28 million of those. (If this is wrong, please correct me, Mackaydon.)

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I think (and I could be completely wrong) that when banks get them, they are supposed to be pulled from circulation and shredded. :( I think that's what is supposed to happen, but I don't know. They pulled them out of circulation in 1969.

You are correct.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread