Star Trek score!

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011
just hit a yard sale(?) that had several families of collectors. One kid had tons of star trek, star wars, g.i. Joe (collector's club figures and Sgt slaughter comic-con also), and dozens of dept 56 stuff still in boxes (porcelain Christmas villages in case you didn't know)..

I left and came back later, I was about two hours from home, no cash. Tried to get 300, but the ATM maxed at 2. Went back, asked if they would deal on anything, said yes on the star trek, no on the star wars. Playsets, hand-held toys (phasers, etc.), 59 figures MOC, several numbered collector editions. Got it all for $75. She had the dept 56 priced at a third of the eBay price. $475 all together, said I could have it for $325, said I wasn't interested. Looked at some other stuff for a bit, then started to leave. Another lady came out and said I could have the dept 56 for $200. Probably a steal, but I only had $120 left on me. :-(

And at a sale down the road, they had a 1880 circa corn shucker in great shape, all parts working smoothly for $50 dollars, but I passed on it. Kinda regretting it now.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
WOW sweet score :o lets see some pics of your loot

Ace Villa-v

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread