Starting a Peltier thread

wheelerite

Feb 2, 2008
canby,oregon
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
really like your selections, I have most of those except for the traveler and a few of the high end ones. If I can figure how to put the pictures up using my phone I will try to do it some time.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
A nice little pile of pelts, I posted this in a thread by itself a while back but figured it should be included here too. I think most of these are pictured elsewhere in this thread and if I was to take it again there would be some additions and substitutes but it's still a nice pic.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful, and I really mean that. Although I am hopelessly inept at IDing most marbles, I truly appreciate an oldie when I come across one. I get as much fun from finding one as I do an old coin. Nice post, thanks.
:thumbsup:

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my - the metallic really "pops" against the red!!! Question on one of those posted on your 6/30 post above - second to the last one on the glass frog (it looks almost like Ox) - is that "just" a rainbo? Man, your collection is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
That's a "raspberries and cream" if I remember right. It's an NLR. The one pictured has been polished though.
Thanks!

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is one of those a clown? Also, digging that white one. (Is it all white - don't think I've seen one like it.)

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
It's like a translucent light grey with white ribbons. One is similar to a clown but not quite. And the black and red one might be a MK. I keep bouncing back and forth on the ID of it. It has traits of both.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like a translucent light grey with white ribbons. One is similar to a clown but not quite. And the black and red one might be a MK. I keep bouncing back and forth on the ID of it. It has traits of both.

The black and red one looks like it has a translucent blue base to me - or is it just the light hitting it?

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See, I'm back again! You have one under random rainbos - top row 2nd one in. Neat. Also, OXBLOOD Rainbo? How rare are they? I bet you don't even know half of what you have!!!

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I'd say they are hard to find. I only have the one. Same with that second one in under "random rainbos".

I forgot to reply to your other question... it has a transparent base. It is bfown, green, and purple, depending on where the light shines through.

Last edited:

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just going down memory lane to refresh myself (and envy your collection!). You DO have a Nova or two, correct? Don't recall seeing one posted. Well, you must have a Nova if you have a Green Fizz - LOL!

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Nope, they were newer marbles and I just never got around to picking one up. I like the old ones. I've got nothing against newer stuff but it just doesn't have the same appeal. I guess I should pick up a few just to round out the collection. Some of them are nice.

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meandering thru again. (Notice you had two other metallics - one patch/one Rainbo! Gonna group that new one with em??) Also, what is that red base/red ribbon shooter sized one - pictured in with your 1st pic of NLR's?

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I don't know if that one has a name. It's in rough condition but a cool marble anyway. I'm not sure why I only lined up those few NLRs to take a pic of, I need to add some more pics of more types.

I could take a pic of all 3 metallics together I suppose but that one "Lava flow" is so superior to any of the others that it almost doesn't belong together with them :D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if that one has a name. It's in rough condition but a cool marble anyway. I'm not sure why I only lined up those few NLRs to take a pic of, I need to add some more pics of more types.

I could take a pic of all 3 metallics together I suppose but that one "Lava flow" is so superior to any of the others that it almost doesn't belong together with them :D

Any time you want to add more pics please do so!! I made up a list the other day of most of what I have seen online of all the NLR's out there...an amazingly large list it is!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread