digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SIFTER FOR BEACH WORKS GREAT---GARDEN TROWEL, SMALL SHOVEL ELSEWHERE

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope you buy a pin pointer, I hear they have cheap $20 ones but the Garrett Pro Pointers is worth every cent. Before you go and buy a $40 lesch digging tool go to lowes and buy a masonry trowel. I have both the Lesch and the masonry trowel and use the trowel 50-1 over the Lesch. If you don't buy a pin pointer bring a screw driver or something to probe with it will help in locating before you dig.

trowel.jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll also want a pouch for trash and good finds, and section of plastic or cloth to hold your dirt as you remove it from the ground. That makes it cleaner and easier to leave the spot as you found it. Check out various videos on how to best make a recovery with minimal damage.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a few TREASUREWISE diggers. Some for over 20 years. The T14, T12, etc. Made of stainless and ROBUST! But, you must look over the bunch available. DO NOT use household utensels or other things just not strong enough for the work involved. One slip and you may regret the results for the rest of your life. Read the news, don't make the news. TTC

bbells

Jan 5, 2013
Delano, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A pinpointer really improved the sport for me. I use a carpenters tool belt to carry things and put my finds in. Works pretty well. You will need some kind of small digging tool. I am out in the rain a lot so a raincoat and waterproof pants help. As they say in the nike commercial, Just do it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread