Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
1917slq said:
Hi All, my first post. Thanks everyone for all the tips.
I picked up about $50 dollars worth of half's this week with good results. found 2 90% and about 15 40%.
I just stop at banks and ask for any half's, but now I am finding most say they do not have any.
My question is can I order something like 10 rolls and not boxes? I cannot afford boxes yet.

Thanks

No minimum order is a Box which contains 50 Rolls, and I too find most Banks say they have no
Half's, but for example on recent road trip hit 23 Banks which 4 of had this, 1/1/83/86 and all were %40's, believe 5 were solid Silver Rolls too. It is all about persistence and volume.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
check with a teller you are friendly with. when my funds were low and i didn't have enough for a whole box, one local bank ordered a box for me which they held for me. i was able to go in and get $100 at a time, then i would either dump immediately and return for another $100 or i could wait several days, it didn't matter to them. most times though i would dump, search, and return until i searched them all the same day they came in. then they would reorder and i would do it all over again the following week.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Yep talk to your teller and ask to order a box and buy it 50 bucks at a time. Promise that you will buy the whole box over time. Someone might do it for you. The only thing buying five rolls at a time you might only find a couple now and again. It will be slow but you could do it.

Golden Silver

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
Good call G.S. - My local bank is going to order 1 extra box to hold citing: "I know you'll buy it eventually..."
If you show "good faith", they should go for it.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
If the don't have halfs try asking for "Old" Dollars, then ask for quarters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread