Starting to get some momentum

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to an area I had detected several times with an old detector and after rereading some chapters in the Sabisch book "The Deus Handbook" I gained a bit of confidence and possibly slowed down my spinning head. Set the Reactivity to 2.5, adjusted my sweep speed a bit faster and just started digging anything that moved. I tipped the balance on my trash vs. treasure scale and found several coins before ever digging a piece of trash. Found some junk jewelry and a nice silver ear ring and a handful of coins. Two hour hunt probably about eight pieces of trash--mostly can slaw and I knew they were too big but i dug anyway. Almost every target was mixed in with trash and I was able to pick them out. I'm getting it.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome feeling for sure! confidence will help take you to the next level. now you can really learn and understand it even better. when you are able to replace frustration and confusion with confidence, it is a game changer. :occasion14:

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. Yes, the targets were popping out of the trash. Didn't realize how much difference the settings can make. The sweep speed, too. It was like that place had never been detected before.

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m glad that reactivity 2.5 worked out nicely for you. I typically use 2 and switch to 3 in heavy trash, I bet 2.5 is a nice compromise. The more time you spend on the machine, the more confident you’ll be using it.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried "3" and went back to "2.5" but I'm sure sometime I will use it. For whatever reason I could not get the right sweep speed to get the targets to pop out. So one step at a time and then I will work my way up.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Enjoy the new machine! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread