Starting up Cents again

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up a lonely box of cents on Sat a.m., along with my regular 7-boxes of dimes for the weekend. Did cents first: results as - 12 wheats, about 15% copper, and a 1903 IH which I didn't expect at all. That makes me 6 IH's from boxes in the past 2-years of CHR. Had stopped doing cents on a heavy basis last spring when work started getting busy. Now that the long winter is coming, I'll start do more cents along with the 8 to 12 boxes of dimes per week. Still pulling about one ounce +/- each week of silver. I'm happy, can't complain.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find with IH. Ive still never found one of those myself. Ive been thinking about searching nickels again myself. I just won an auction on ebay for a couple of rolls of silver nics for just over $1 each. But its always so much better finding them at face. Btw, how did your dime boxes for the wknd produce? U seemed to score pretty good last time.

H$H!

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find with IH. Ive still never found one of those myself. Ive been thinking about searching nickels again myself. I just won an auction on ebay for a couple of rolls of silver nics for just over $1 each. But its always so much better finding them at face. Btw, how did your dime boxes for the wknd produce? U seemed to score pretty good last time.

H$H!

Not finished with dimes yet. Have 4 1/2 boxes to do yet Sunday night. Worked all afternoon cleaning/mowing/cut flower beds etc on my front yard. Right now eating dinner at McD's, tired, hope to do 2 1/2 boxes when I get home.

Will45

Sep 1, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any old wheats?

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

H$H!

Weekly results ending Sunday as: 8 boxes, for 10-Rosie's, and 1-canadian(1968-50%), 1.25 avg/box, .72 oz of AG.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions