Status On TAYOPA

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
she doesn't drink coffee, only tea NP.

What - she won't drink cold beer? I am a bit surprised at that, most horses seem to really like cold beer especially on a hot day, and can down a ten quart bucket in a matter of moments. We had a stallion that loved soda pop (Dr Pepper) and would drink straight from the bottle by himself, may have a photo of him guzzling a cold pop. He was a strange horse though, actually helped me build fencing by holding the boards in place for me to drive the nails among other things. I wish we could have kept him, about the most intelligent equine I ever encountered. He even would play pranks on me, for example he was in his stall when I was trying to cut a hole in the hay mow for a hay drop; I drilled holes in the four corners where the trap door was to go, and left the drill sticking up through the hole so I could easily find it up in the hay mow. On getting up to the hay mow, I could not find the drill poking through. After three or four more tries, repeating the same sequence, I noticed that the horse was watching my activities a bit so the next time, I put the drill up through the hole, went out to go up a ladder and just pretended to go up the ladder, instead I peeked in a crack to see what the horse was doing. The moment he saw me go out the door, he left off munching hay, reached up and grabbed the electric drill by the handle, pulled it down and set it on the floor, then quickly went back over to his hay rack to pretend he was innocent. I should have noticed that he was not really munching hay, he was just picking at one piece at a time, playing the innocent! The horse was deliberately playing a trick on me! If your mule was anything like him, I can agree 100% for a pleasant retirement for her, and hope you have an endless supply of apples, carrots and other goodies for her.

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might be able to get a large gasoline powered blower down to the site, and use that to pressurize the tunnel from the top. Any air leakage at the bottom should be at a different temperature than the outside air, and should be visible with a FLIR, as weekender says above. Infrared technology is relatively inexpensive today.

JB

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True SF, but you have to rmember we are dealing with a 'mine' with two stopped ot areas larger than two football fields. What would it take to pressurize it ? Excellent idea even so .

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True SF, but you have to rmember we are dealing with a 'mine' with two stopped ot areas larger than two football fields. What would it take to pressurize it ? Excellent idea even so .

Well, the biggest, baddest gasoline blowers i know about are designed for rapidly ventilating buildings after a fire. A quick search shows one weighing 61 # with a 10,300 CFM capacity, and one weighing 82# with a 19,600 CFM capacity (free flow). I don't know what the total volume of air is in the mine, but with that kind of capacity, if you seal the entrance around the intake duct even reasonably tight, I suspect you can build up pressure pretty fast. Although these probably aren't cheap, since they are designed as fire apparatus, they are light weight (relatively, since I won't be carrying them) and very powerful. There are other blowers designed for ventilation of enclosed spaces that probably won't have the capacity, and may weigh a little more, but may be more economical. May be worth a look. More coffee while you think about it?

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

JB

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep sf, gracias. I'll use my own cup of course------- dece t  size coffee.jpg

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi SF. I covered that years ago in here ( TN ) on detecting voids through temp difference, also sealed off caves in the morning, while caves and voids are still relatively warm compared to the other formations..Even bought a cheap IR detector from Harbor Freight to experiment with. Partilly successful I might add.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Had not thought of a simple smoke bomb, if you could drop one or several into a void, the colored smoke might seep out at another entrance. Just a thought of course. Really it might be time to get a two-box detector, and go over the site systematically.

Please do continue;

:coffee2: :coffee2:

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was a red letter day. My wifie of almost 70 years was looking at me at breakfast when she exclaimed "You're cute" Cute,? cute,? the most damaging words that red blooded, devil may care, adventrer can hear. sigh. Why not rugged or masculine looking, or even like that man of the year guy, the one with a whiteish semi beard ?? but cute ???/

Alamosmoon

Dec 14, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are our rugged, utterly dashing #uno adventure hero! Smile. How's that???

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real Amigo.:coffee2:
If your an old cutie:lovestory::director:then I want to know what you consider that old flopped ear mule, and is the mule so old that he wears dentures.:lurk:
If so then I now know why you have to :walk:so much,:laughing7:np:cat:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real Amigo, I miss my old bitten eared mule,,his girl friend bit part of his ear off because he was making advances on her:love4:that all seems like another
life time :munky2:O well just thinking about old mulie's:wave:np:cat:

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Jose, You have always been a..... sweet......lovable.....gorgeous.......gentle.......sympathetic.......kind.......understanding......oh and yes cute! You lovable ole 'goat' you......:thumbsup: 'who luvs ya baby'

Alamosmoon

Dec 14, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So true! My mom and sister can attest this, too!!! Nicely stated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread