Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sunspot Stealth 720i is one sweet scoop. There are many good scoops being sold but i like the 720i because of its huge basket and strength. When you in the surf with waves washing sand back in the hole you have to try to get it out in one scoop.
As for advice on using it, learn how to place your foot near your coil when you have a signal. You don't need to pinpoint it. Place the scoop point near where the back of the coil was and push her in. Hopefully you will have it in the first dig. You'll soon develop your own method by what ever works best for you. I don't just raise the basket up but bring it up in short hops with the handle straight up and let the waves wash out the material. On doing the first scoop, set the scoop on the bottom near the hole and check the hole to see if you got it. If not, dump the scoop and quickly take another bite.

Good luck with the best scoop made. Sunspot 720.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread