Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0
I have a 90 but the 20s are easier to use imo. my next one will be a 20.
make a mock up if you can and see which one fits you; not everyone likes the same angle.

I have a 90 but the 20s are easier to use imo. my next one will be a 20.
make a mock up if you can and see which one fits you; not everyone likes the same angle.

That's a good idea. Thank you.

I use the 20, just my preference......no regrets...........i have the carbon handle. Extremely well made scoop and handle, probably indestructible.

I have the 920i with CF handle, can't beat the quality and performance you get, money very well spent!

My preference is the 20 also. I like to go straight down into the sand instead of at an angle, so, with the 20 I don't have to lean forward as much to use it. Less chance of target damage to go straight down and work forward under it. If your hunting area is rocky, I'd get the 720. If no rocks, I'd get the 920. Hybrid screen for those tiny earrings and other targets that fall through the regular screen, if that's important to you. Otherwise, the standard hole size sifts a bit easier.

Helpful answers and a timely question -- I'm in the market, as it were. Thanks all!

I've the 920iX, but chose an ash handle versus the $100 for the CF handle. So mine is super heavy and it does get tiring. I may replace it with CF during our off season.

And with cudamark's statement about rocky bottoms - absolutely yes. I've been considering a different scoop for those rocks.

Also for those little earing posts etc, Steve attached screening to the bottom to catch those little pieces. You scoop, it falls through, scoop again and it falls through, 20 scoops and still not recovered and you walk away never knowing what that nice target was. I'm putting a screen on mine!

Last edited:
I have 90 degree angle and it works fine!

I have the 720 with the cf handle and a custom milled aluminum assist handle we developed to ease one handed digging.

Waiting for IRMA to pass than hitting the Treasure coast beaches.

Attachments

• IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 640
Personal preference really...both my Stealthscoops have the 90 degreee tube mount. I tried the 20 degree angle scoops and found it didn't suit me....handle is initially too close to my body when digging. I dig by holding the scoop with an outstreteched straight arm and then plant the toe of the scoop into the sand...I then have plenty of pulling leverage towards my body......can't go too far wrong with either.

The 90 degree mount allows effortless sifting when the scoop is still on the seafloor so unless I am in heavy shells, the scoop is usually empty of any sand by the time it breaks the surface. An offset 20 degree mount puts a lot more stress on the hand and wrist when doing this procedure.

Last edited:
For whatever it is worth, I too prefer the 90. You may have to lean forward more to put it straight in, but when you pull back on the handle the full scoop almost lifts itself out of the hole for you. I wasn't sure I would like the 90, but I prefer it now. Personal preference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back