stealth detecting needed/prefered????

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am beginning to wonder if all of us should stop hunting from about 12 noon until 7pm. i generally do not hunt during the peak beach-goers time period since i do not like to weave in and out of people and answer a million questions.
there is a general consensus that less is being found and there are more and more detectorists visable on the beach. i am beginning to believe the theorie that people see the detectorists and are more aware of and cautious to take care of there precious metals.
what do you all think?????

Upvote 0

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think i was there for 6 hours today and started before people where there n gridded near the lines for the first 1.5 hours at end of 5th hour i did it again found 2 rings one gold one garbage i think some will take it off but some will think your just stupid and rings dont suddenly come loose

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seriously believe people on the beach seeing detectors hunting doesn't affect their losing the jewelry one single bit. The ones wearing jewelry think "I'm not going to lose mine". The only way they can protect it is to take it off and leave it in the car.

I prefer to hunt when the beach is full, you can see where the people congregate the most, going back after hours loses that. I usually try to go 3 hours before low tide and hunt till I am ready to go home if it is a short hunt. I have hunted from dawn to dusk, and short hunts are usually 5-8 hours. I also hunt at night at times, hunting till 1am or so.

My best day was 4 gold and one silver, two were diamond and that was in the height of the day when the beach was packed with people.

Another great advantage to hunting durring the day when the beach is packed is the eye candy.................. ;D

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_Hunter said:
I seriously believe people on the beach seeing detectors hunting doesn't affect their losing the jewelry one single bit. The ones wearing jewelry think "I'm not going to lose mine". The only way they can protect it is to take it off and leave it in the car.

I prefer to hunt when the beach is full, you can see where the people congregate the most, going back after hours loses that. I usually try to go 3 hours before low tide and hunt till I am ready to go home if it is a short hunt. I have hunted from dawn to dusk, and short hunts are usually 5-8 hours. I also hunt at night at times, hunting till 1am or so.

My best day was 4 gold and one silver, two were diamond and that was in the height of the day when the beach was packed with people.

Another great advantage to hunting durring the day when the beach is packed is the eye candy.................. ;D

Now you got me in trouble with that eye candy comment!!!! red just slapped me in the back of the head and said thats why you go detecting all the time!!! And I said No beautiful I go out to find you all of the Pretty Jewlery!!!!! :wink:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chug and Red said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Now you got me in trouble with that eye candy comment!!!! red just slapped me in the back of the head and said thats why you go detecting all the time!!! And I said No beautiful I go out to find you all of the Pretty Jewlery!!!!! :wink:

Sorry about that.... :laughing9: I'm lucky, my wife does not object to the eyecandy, when she is with me she even points them out at times if she sees one she thinks is extra pretty or sexy. Since I started giving her diamond rings I find at the beach, she has no objections to my going, hummmm, I wonder why. :icon_scratch:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of the time I time my hunts better as far as low tide high tide, but this one day trip this past sunday there were just to many people to detect and the High tide was at it's peek, so from experence on this beach and to hopefully gain more. I took a seat on the Pier to watch, record and to notice peoples water habits. What I discovered was where the low tide lane would be in about 6.5 hours, people were near, and just beyond this point. So that's why so many targets are found in this area at low tide..And just like there is a people line, there is a coin treasure line also I have found...Even thought I have hunted during the people rush, the best hunting for this beach is at low tide and when there are fewer people in the lane......joe

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is true that some people see us in the water and check their rings on the fingers. Those that leave them in the car can have the cars broken into also by a punk with a rock or now days they use the glass braking tools. Some that take the jewelry off to leave with friends on shore or put in a shoe still can lose stuff in the sand.

I don't worry about it, if I get my coil over it I am happy. It is the thrill of finding stuff, any stuff........... :thumbsup:

OD_hunt

Aug 16, 2009
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Treasure_Hunter said:
Chug and Red said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Sorry about that.... :laughing9: I'm lucky, my wife does not object to the eyecandy, when she is with me she even points them out at times if she sees one she thinks is extra pretty or sexy. Since I started giving her diamond rings I find at the beach, she has no objections to my going, hummmm, I wonder why. :icon_scratch:
Ok so that's what it takes!! Darn, I better hit some diamonds soon :sign13:
HH, OD ;)

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OD_hunt said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Chug and Red said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Ok so that's what it takes!! Darn, I better hit some diamonds soon :sign13:
HH, OD ;)

Red loves all the silver and gold I find her!! only 1 small diamond so far!! and she knows that i look at the Eye candy!!!! I love her more every day!! we have been together for 16 years and going strong!!! she always says find me a pretty today!! I get to hunt any time i want to!!! HH Chug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread