Step right up for the THREE RING CIRCUS ! ! !

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is all the trash that was found today in the process of retrieving the three rings !

8_30_2014 todays trash.jpg

Todays the day of the "Three Ring Circus !"

Here are the three dirty rings for today !

8_30_2014 three dirty rings.jpg

Rings 1 and 2 cleaned:

8_30_2014 rings 1 and 2.jpg

Ring 1 is the biggest silver ring that I have ever found! It is very heavy (no markings inside) and is some kind of a Union ring. It was at least 4 inches down and there was also a quarter situated in its vicinity. Found the quarter after the ring.

Ring 2s inside marking, think it says K 147 , any ideas on what this means?

8_30_2014 ring 2 inner mark 147.jpg

This ring looks to be a fairly old ring, the retrieval was tough took me three tries to get it out of the dirt it was at least five inches down maybe a bit more. The signal topped out low mid pull-tab range but sounded very mellow and sweet, was close within five feet of the union ring find. It was a pure shock when the beautiful yellow roundness emerged from the soil, knew it was a good ring immediately! And to think that I almost gave up trying to extract it from the soil, it was a close thing! Smiled the whole day afterwards !!

Close up of some of the carving on the ring :
Ring 2 art carved detail.jpg

Love the way the stone looks sort of like a window with beautiful purples in it !!
This might be my favorite ring find of all time, its just has so many good features !!

Ring three was found on route back to my truck. It looked fairly good when dug but on closer inspection later it is just gold plated, still it completes my "Three Ring Circus" so I will take that !!

8_30_2014 ring 3.jpg

Complete goods found today making the Big Top !

8_30_2014 the BIG TOP 3 ring circus.jpg

Hope you enjoyed your visit to the "Three Ring Circus" May you find your smile tomorrow like I did today !!

Last edited:
Upvote 28

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's just not much better than to turn a plug and having a gold ring smiling up at you.

I really like that 2nd one!

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's just not much better than to turn a plug and having a gold ring smiling up at you.

I really like that 2nd one!

Thanks Mate ! I fished it out with my fingers since the grass type there will not allow plugs, it all just dies when you do that. Extraction was difficult to say the least. Was good luck that my screwdriver did not do more damages than the slight scratch on the inside of the band and a small chip on bottom of the gem.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mate ! I fished it out with my fingers since the grass type there will not allow plugs, it all just dies when you do that. Extraction was difficult to say the least. Was good luck that my screwdriver did not do more damages than the slight scratch on the inside of the band and a small chip on bottom of the gem.

Well, one has to do what they must in order to be able to hunt. I've hunted with a screwdriver and it can really be frustrating, AND damaging to the find.

I used to dull and round off the screwdriver as much as possible. That way I could probe and cut down on damage.

Still, better scratched than not finding. :)

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, one has to do what they must in order to be able to hunt. I've hunted with a screwdriver and it can really be frustrating, AND damaging to the find.

I used to dull and round off the screwdriver as much as possible. That way I could probe and cut down on damage.

Still, better scratched than not finding. :)

Gold is rather soft even rounded theres possibility of damages =) Believe it or not I did three slits with my screwdriver at least before getting any kind of response from the Pro-pointer ! Detector sounded off fine was a smooth and mellow sounding signal. Was so close to walking away from that pull-tab level signal too =D Makes the find even more special to me, am I starting to sound a bit like "Gold Fever" Lol ??

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is rather soft even rounded theres possibility of damages =) Believe it or not I did three slits with my screwdriver at least before getting any kind of response from the Pro-pointer ! Detector sounded off fine was a smooth and mellow sounding signal. Was so close to walking away from that pull-tab level signal too =D Makes the find even more special to me, am I starting to sound a bit like "Gold Fever" Lol ??

True enough that gold is soft and anything can damage. BUT, which would damage easier? Sharp? or Dull? ;) LOL

So you have a touch of "yellow fever"! You're entitled! Enjoy!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Boy that is a Great Haul, I remember the Big Silver, but I have to say the 14k ring is stunning ..:thumbsup:

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boy that is a Great Haul, I remember the Big Silver, but I have to say the 14k ring is stunning ..:thumbsup:

Thanks OBN =) Hearing that means a lots from a great ring finder like you !!

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love rings!

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta love rings!

Hi thommo from Australia ! Yeah they are always good to find even if just a cheap kids ring, but silver and gold do tend to be favored !

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The silver ring is really interesting, but the gold ring is amazing! A hearty congratulation on that gem.

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd hit that place over and over again until I stopped finding anything. Nice circus :) And yes, even go over the exact same area.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd hit that place over and over again until I stopped finding anything. Nice circus :) And yes, even go over the exact same area.

Thanks swolfe ! Yes have tried it a bunch of times but don't always find anything good. It seems like I am just cleaning out trash a lots of the time. Will try it again like you say mate !

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions