Stephen Girard & the Opium Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Agreed!!! It comes back to the Risqué family. I will share soon. I need two documents from chapel hill to show this. At least for what I beleive may tie in.

HH Tat

Already gave you info on John P. Risque & Church of Brethren of Chapel Hill, N.C. info.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It may surprise you guys that there is still one more "very strong" theory that I've been working on for a long time that I've been keeping to myself. So.....just saying that I'm only presenting one very strong theory. The other one would really blow your minds! :laughing7:
Does it involve a "glowing bell" that descended from the sky in Bedford county? :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it involve a "glowing bell" that descended from the sky in Bedford county? :laughing7:

Nope. Just red herrings. By the way, did you know that the Torpedo was in south America, also handled goods to and from China and Galveston Bay? But of course you didn't....how could you. :laughing7: And don't ask as I rather like keeping that torch lit for you. :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Nope. Just red herrings. By the way, did you know that the Torpedo was in south America, also handled goods to and from China and Galveston Bay? But of course you didn't....how could you. :laughing7: And don't ask as I rather like keeping that torch lit for you. :laughing7:
Patterson's Canton Co ship, Torpedo, is irrelevant-no mention of ships, China, or South America in the 1885 Beale Papers, AND no connection to J B Ward, copyright holder and publisher on the pamphlet.
Just another red herring for the smoker.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Forget Beale, as in reference to the story...start looking at the era and the bigger picture....to everything that was going on in the world.

The Adams Onis Treaty was signed in Feb, 1819, nine months later we have the first Beale deposit date of Nov, 1819.
The Adams Onis Treaty was ratified in Feb, 1821, ten months later we have the second Beale deposit date Dec, 1821.
Like clockwork, Beale visited Morriss two months after the first deposit date and one month after the second date.

And here's the best part, in both cases Beale's visits to Morriss came “exactly” eleven months after the treaty's signing date and "exactly" eleven months after the treaty's ratification date.

The above is not by coincidence, the odds of these events being coincidence are staggering. You're author is detailing a much bigger story. The described deposits and the events of the Adams Onis Treaty are, in some way, attached at the hip. To this there can be no doubt whatsoever. No possible way could there be exactly eleven months between both of Beale's visits and these treaty dates unless it was intended. To deny this is simply blind denial.

Forget Beale, Adams-Onis, Girard, all the various French "connexions", but concentrate on the "unknown" author and his connection to Morriss and Ward, and why he contacted Ward with the Beale story.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Forget Beale, Adams-Onis, Girard, all the various French "connexions", but concentrate on the "unknown" author and his connection to Morriss and Ward, and why he contacted Ward with the Beale story.

Agree...

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other

Ok I'll bite. Just on the author....could be interesting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Me too.....I want to hear this explanation. The floor is your's ECS.
There is this alleged "author" who received the Beale story from Morriss and eventually contacted Ward to act as agent. While the "author" remains unknown, Ward becomes the SOLE copyright owner and publishes the pamphlet for sale in Lynchberg for 50 cents per copy.
So the questions concerning the unknown author are these:
1. What was his connection to Ward.
2. Why did he allow Ward to become sole copyright owner?
3. What was his true reason in having the Beale story published for sale?
4. Did agent Ward give the unknown "author" any compensation for use of his story?
5. If the events are not true a depicted in the pamphlet,or are an compilation of several unrelated events, or a literary allegory, why did the unknown" author" write this story?
This unknown "author" is the link between Morriss and Ward- discovering the "author" would resolve the many theories that have been postulated. The "author" is the KEY.
Then again, it may be just a western/treasure dime novel with the ciphers included as a parlor game, popular during the time of the 1885 publication.
"There is nothing more deceptive than the obvious fact"

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS, and I'm not being coy or intentionally vague in this reply as I suspect, perhaps as far as regular contributors to these forums, that only Franklin has actually traced the Buford family lineages back far enough to understand how Thomas Beale fits into this distant connection. However, this connection is a very important connection as it introduces some very obvious political differences that existed within the Buford tree that date all the way back to Kentucky splitting from Virgina. Names like Gwatkin, Blackford, and Steenbergen come into play, these names even showing up in the list of original settlers at Boonsboro (my have spelled that wrong?). These names, in the Buford tree, will eventually lead one back to the original Elizabeth Buford and John Otey marriage. Elizabeth Beale married William Steenbergen and this is where Thomas Beale enters the picture. Hold this thought...

If we trace the Risque branch then we see that this branch also leads back to the same marriage of John Otey and Elizabeth Buford, this branch being the one that contains James Risque. This is also a very strong northern Virgina branch.

When we toss aside the names and simply apply the political differences that caused the divide of Virgina and Kentucky then that duel between Risque and Beale was already set on a collision course due to these political differences. Risque coming from a strong northern Virgina alignment and Beale coming from a strong Kentucky alignment.

The insult, as Reb pointed out and posted, was in regards to family, and not directly aimed at the girl. Maybe now you'll start to see some of the other connections at play that I have been trying to explain in regards to the bigger picture. The author tells us that the secret was maintained within the family....this no doubt being the Bufords.

This should help to answer a few of your questions.

PS: Given the above, in all likelihood,Thomas Beale Sr. was related to the Salt Lick Thomas Beale who had only registered himself as being from China. And now you have to factor in Mexico Sherman and Girard, etc. A lot to take in, for sure, but no doubt the original story revolved around the events in the Texas region. AND...I can even show you the "exact" source of the first deposit, which was right at 1/2 million.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There is this alleged "author" who received the Beale story from Morriss and eventually contacted Ward to act as agent. While the "author" remains unknown, Ward becomes the SOLE copyright owner and publishes the pamphlet for sale in Lynchberg for 50 cents per copy.
So the questions concerning the unknown author are these:
1. What was his connection to Ward.
2. Why did he allow Ward to become sole copyright owner?
3. What was his true reason in having the Beale story published for sale?
4. Did agent Ward give the unknown "author" any compensation for use of his story?
5. If the events are not true a depicted in the pamphlet,or are an compilation of several unrelated events, or a literary allegory, why did the unknown" author" write this story?
This unknown "author" is the link between Morriss and Ward- discovering the "author" would resolve the many theories that have been postulated. The "author" is the KEY.
Then again, it may be just a western/treasure dime novel with the ciphers included as a parlor game, popular during the time of the 1885 publication.
"There is nothing more deceptive than the obvious fact"

LISTING of "POSSIBLE" author of the Beale PAPERS:
Maj. Ferdinand C. Hutter (CSA); COUSIN of James Beverly Ward.
As COUSINS; WHO else...?
To "shake" the family tree; who's gonna fall out...? RAGLAND Family, NOT Rugerman...
Ragland family; connected to the Hutters, Risque family...
NOPE, NO compensation; FC Hutter died in 1885...
"FACTION", Fiction, based on FACTS; a "cover-story" with FACTS from the "Confederate
WAR" Confederate Treasure Coverup. E F Beale's story/Expedition was VERY
important part of the "patchwork" of stories/papers, as well as the Lewis & Clark
Expedition Story.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ECS, and I'm not being coy or intentionally vague in this reply as I suspect, perhaps as far as regular contributors to these forums, that only Franklin has actually traced the Buford family lineages back far enough to understand how Thomas Beale fits into this distant connection. However, this connection is a very important connection as it introduces some very obvious political differences that existed within the Buford tree that date all the way back to Kentucky splitting from Virgina. Names like Gwatkin, Blackford, and Steenbergen come into play, these names even showing up in the list of original settlers at Boonsboro (my have spelled that wrong?). These names, in the Buford tree, will eventually lead one back to the original Elizabeth Buford and John Otey marriage. Elizabeth Beale married William Steenbergen and this is where Thomas Beale enters the picture. Hold this thought...

If we trace the Risque branch then we see that this branch also leads back to the same marriage of John Otey and Elizabeth Buford, this branch being the one that contains James Risque. This is also a very strong northern Virgina branch.

When we toss aside the names and simply apply the political differences that caused the divide of Virgina and Kentucky then that duel between Risque and Beale was already set on a collision course due to these political differences. Risque coming from a strong northern Virgina alignment and Beale coming from a strong Kentucky alignment.

The insult, as Reb pointed out and posted, was in regards to family, and not directly aimed at the girl. Maybe now you'll start to see some of the other connections at play that I have been trying to explain in regards to the bigger picture. The author tells us that the secret was maintained within the family....this no doubt being the Bufords.

PS: Given the above, in all likelihood,Thomas Beale Sr. was related to the Salt Lick Thomas Beale who had only registered himself as being from China. And now you have to factor in Mexico Sherman and Girard, etc. A lot to take in, for sure, but no doubt the original story revolved around the events in the Texas region. AND...I can even show you the "exact" source of the first deposit, which was right at 1/2 million.

"Secret maintained within the family"... "Family", INNER CIRCLE, Secret Committee of 1882-1883.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

??? "Registered himself from China"...? WHERE...? Beale PAPERS...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread