Sterling Baby Spoon & Lion Drawer Pull

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I braved the elements, and went back to the same area, that produced the compacs from yesterday. Got real windy for a bit, made it almost unbearable, that is till I started to find silver coins...They were far and very few in between.... I managed a nice watch fob that has a horseshoe going around the edge of it. All I can make out is the word HORSE... I need help with that one... got 2 silver quarters, and then out pops this baby spoon with a curled handle... Bang... its sterling to boot... wow that one made my day... I thought that Pirates were the only ones to curl the handles of spoons and forks to fit their thumbs?.... Then I got a baby fork.... not sterling for this one, but I will take it... There was a lot of targets, but mostly brass and copper junk pieces... On the walk back towards the truck, I got this very loud signal up high near the marsh, I dug at least fifteen inches down into the sand and in the scoop staring back at me was this drawer pull... After looking at it for a moment I could make out the head of a lion....WOW.... some history there for sure... Just when I thought it couldn't get better... Never seen one like this... Anyone else.... Thanks for looking and happy hunting... snow tomorrow... no detecting...:( childs Fork.JPG DSC_0016.JPG For & Spoon (1).JPG For & Spoon (2).JPG For & Spoon (3).JPG For & Spoon (4).JPG For & Spoon (5).JPG horseshoe fob (2).JPG horseshoe fob (4).JPG Lion Pull (1).JPG Lion Pull (4).JPG Lion Pull (5).JPG Lion Pull (6).JPG spoon (1).JPG spoon (2).JPG Sterling Baby Spoon (1).JPG Sterling Baby Spoon (2).JPG

Upvote 2

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, I love that drawer handle! I'd have to find something to put that on if it were me.:cat:

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lion drawer pull looks great! Nice find!

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are sum GREAT finds W!!!! BTW, do you no what the piece is in the 3rd and 4th pics at the bottom right side? I found one a few month's back, thgt maybe a handle or sumthing like that. CONGRATS.. HH

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Those are sum GREAT finds W!!!! BTW, do you no what the piece is in the 3rd and 4th pics at the bottom right side? I found one a few month's back, thgt maybe a handle or sumthing like that. CONGRATS.. HH
If you are refering to the round object in the 3rd & 4rth picture. It is a lead wheel to a wagon or possibly a cannon... I have seen them before .... this one measures about 3 inches across and is heavy... missing some spokes , prbably why I found it in the mud...

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice spoon,but it kind of looks like a coke spoon for doing drugs?

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whydah, you are one tough son of a gun to go out digging in this weather. Man it has been cold, I can't dig here in Nova Scotia even with a large pick I think I am going to need dynamite.:laughing7:
You got some real nice goodies for your effort though, the spoon is killer as is the drawer pull.:icon_thumleft:
ZDD

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Whydah, you are one tough son of a gun to go out digging in this weather. Man it has been cold, I can't dig here in Nova Scotia even with a large pick I think I am going to need dynamite.:laughing7:
You got some real nice goodies for your effort though, the spoon is killer as is the drawer pull.:icon_thumleft:
ZDD
Never found one that had a coiled handle.... Pitrates did that kind of stuff.... and its marked Sterling to boot.... Can't wait to hunt that area more... stay warm

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never found one that had a coiled handle.... Pitrates did that kind of stuff.... and its marked Sterling to boot.... Can't wait to hunt that area more... stay warm
You got it buddy. The weather guy said on the news last night that they are expecting an early spring, let's hope he is right.:sunny:
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread