sterling finds this week

dw171

Aug 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not from a garage sale, but an estate sale instead. None of the sterling was pictured at either sale. Ended up spending a whopping $45 on all of it. Total weight minus the knives is about 3 lbs or $850 silver content. The large bowl is Reed & Barton, the 2 goblets are international (sadly monogrammed, but can't complain about the price), the small one is Gorham. Any idea's what the pierced round thing is for? No makers mark just marked for sterling. It was in a plated bowl and it fit nicely, but obviously didn't go with it. Ended up having a pretty good day even though I didn't get anything that I actually went to the sales for.

Attachments

• 2016-08-05 13.17.58.jpg
    2016-08-05 13.17.58.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome scores! I'm going to venture a guess and say that the reticulated plate is a finger sandwich or pastry plate. Much like cake plates, it seems they are always constructed of a flat plate on a footed base. Just a guess.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it! My silver score this past weekend? A single sterling handled butter knife that was in a bag of misc. flatware that I bought because it had a dozen or so pieces of airline utensils in it. Silver and gold are highly sought after and coveted in this area. More so now than ever before, or so it would seem by the lack of it .

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helluva haul dw!! That's a pretty good return on investment I'd say. I'm also going to say that the perforated piece is for finger sandwiches or small pastries. Again, well done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread