tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I travel for my job. I do get the chance to hit a lot of places to find treasure. I found this Kirk sterling plate in a small mountain town thrift store yesterday for $5.00 + tax. I asked to see it and noticed the gray bag that said Kirk Sterling. On the reverse I'm not seeing a mark only a sticker of proof and limited amount of the piece from Kirk and dated 1972. I look closer as I'm sure the plate is sterling and then I see a very faint impression of Kirk & Sons Sterling. "I'm sold" The plate is a portrait of the young George Washington it has the story of the painting by Charles Willson Peale. The little thrift store I found it has yielded many great scores over the years I go by it. I stop in ever time I go by. I don't have my scale with me, but its a fairly hefty little piece of sterling and worth well over the $5.43 I paid.

Attachments

• Washington plate.jpg
    Washington plate.jpg
    844.9 KB · Views: 141
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a good score. When your out and about and driving thru small towns and they have a little thrift store, do check them out. I found a clock identical to this one made by jaeger lecoultre in a small town thrift store maybe 10 years ago. I got it for 8 bucks and a guy in Hong Kong bought it on an auction for over $700. You never know in those little town stores? Most the time I see nothing in them, but if you don't look you won't be the one who finds the undiscovered treasure.

Attachments

• jc clock.jpg
    jc clock.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 153

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread