Sterling pocket knife? (and other interesting relics...)

NJLargeCent

Feb 8, 2012
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out just before the recent cold spell with granthansen and ErikinNJ for a full-day hunt at a large private spot near me that we've hit before. Grant already posted his George II copper and each of us found some interesting relics. Here was my take, including what I believe to be a deconstructed sterling silver pocket knife, 2 ornate suspender clips, a flat button (had another larger one but it jumped out of my finds' pouch), a warrior figurine, and a few t/b/d's. I think the cross/anchor/heart (symbols for faith/hope/charity) piece is the top to a rosary bead or some other small tin. No old coinage to speak of this time, but some nice relics instead. HH

sterling silver pocket knife 1.jpg sterling silver pocket knife 3.jpg sterling silver pocket knife 5.jpg suspender clip 1.jpg suspender clip 2.jpg warrior figure 2.jpg cross-anchor medallion.jpg small red bus.jpg doorbell cover.jpg keuka tag.jpg small flat button.jpg

Upvote 11

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that figurine warms the cockles of my heart! Great day!

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was a fun day and you guys scored some nice finds for sure. Love the sterling "knife" and the ornate suspender clips! I was happy with my finds, but you guys are too good--next time I'm not arriving to the party late with a hangover!! :laughing7:

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO with 8.5X11" COIL AND COVER,Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Garrett PRO Pointer,Lesche digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions