Sterling Ring, Quadruple Bling, and a US Civil War Thing!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's schools produced a nice little marked .925 sterling ring (may have been gold washed,) with three stones, found on the center line of one of the soccer fields. It is different as the ".925" is marked on the OUTSIDE of the ring on the bottom...hmm...

CWbutton6.jpg CWbutton5.jpg

Scattered about the lawn and tot lot areas, I located one additional bling ring and four bling pendants, one with the chain still attached. The gold colored heart shaped one is a locket, but I don't want to open it for fear of breaking the hinges...

CWbutton4.jpg

The big surprise, (well, for me, as I am a coin and jewelry hunter of public places,) was this intact US Civil War or Indian Wars coat/vest button! Down about 5 inches out in the middle of the same soccer field that gave up the little sterling ring. It is domed and appears to be a two piece construction, no readable back mark due to corrosion. But what a thrill to find! It is 20 mm in diameter, with the five stars in the top of the shield.

CWbutton1.jpg

Also gleaned about $8.00 in clad for charity today. All in all, a great day in my book. Happy Hunting to all, thanks for peeking. Sub 8-)

Upvote 15

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A great day indeed! Congrats! :thumbsup:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other