Sterling ring with hard to decipher hallmark

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This ring was picked up with a pair of watches (see my other thread) and some vintage lucite/Bakelite cocktail rings.

Most of what the vendor was selling were just scrap but this was a decent piece with a nice, clear hallmark.

I took a guess at Cookie Lee but haven't been able to see a clear shot of their hallmark but didn't find much.

Does anybody want to take a stab at seeing what this mark is?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 159

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Cookie Lee is usually spelled out. Looks like CJ or CG?

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd have to agree with you but have not any luck when looking for contemporary sterling hallmarks. Any time I search for them I pull up maker from turn of the century England.

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure it's CJ. Carolyn Pollack ~ Carlisle Jewelry. Here's a link to verify it.

Carolyn Pollack Carlisle Sterling variscite Inlay Blossom Ring Sz 10 CJ 925 QVC | eBay

That's it! How on earth did you track that down? Where exactly did you start? I hardly have any luck finding a,erican sterling hallmarks that are contemporary. All I seem to find are old ones online

It would seem my purchase will pay off nicely considering what that ring sold for

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I googled " 925 CJ mark sterling ring " and just followed the sites until I saw this one. It also helped a little that I found a pendant not to long ago from the same maker and it seemed familiar. But that's where I basically started. Do I win a prize?!! [emoji51]

OP
OP
B

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I googled " 925 CJ mark sterling ring " and just followed the sites until I saw this one. It also helped a little that I found a pendant not to long ago from the same maker and it seemed familiar. But that's where I basically started. Do I win a prize?!! [emoji51]

I wouldn't know what to give the man that buys 300 year old tables at garage sales!

Does anybody want to take a stab at the stone set in the ring?

Attachments

• IMG_1108.JPG
    IMG_1108.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 91

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe pearl? Or mother of pearl? Just guesses.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions