Downstream

Jan 12, 2012
Utah
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With my new Garrett Pro Pointer at my side I went back to the soccer field I found a gold band in two days ago and picked up a sterling silver ring today. My first silver ring. I only had to pull 30-40 pop tops to find it today! Also a few bucks in clad more rifle casings ??? It's a city park ??? and some keys. It's a very old park and I think if I bump up the depth of my searches I should be able to pop some early 1900's coins, but I'm a little worried about digging big plugs in a city park. Right now I'm just making slits and going to a max depth of 5". So far no one has said anything, I just don't want to hose city hunting for anyone else.

silver-ring.jpg

Upvote 3

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your silver ring ! You should find out what the law says about city parks in your area . It might be ok to dig as long as it is a very clean plug and not too deep ! Good luck
Glen

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very cool looking ring....:thumbsup:

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With my new Garrett Pro Pointer at my side I went back to the soccer field I found a gold band in two days ago and picked up a sterling silver ring today. My first silver ring. I only had to pull 30-40 pop tops to find it today! Also a few bucks in clad more rifle casings ??? It's a city park ??? and some keys. It's a very old park and I think if I bump up the depth of my searches I should be able to pop some early 1900's coins, but I'm a little worried about digging big plugs in a city park. Right now I'm just making slits and going to a max depth of 5". So far no one has said anything, I just don't want to hose city hunting for anyone else.

View attachment 636572

Nice score!
You have the right idea. Go with your guts. You will know when and where to cut a deep plug. If it doesn't feel right--don't do it. You don't want too much attention. That is the nice thing with the Propointer, you can cut slits.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet hunt. Congratulation!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread