ecam1495

Oct 18, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys, so today when i was out at my dig site in my forest looking for bottles i dug this up. It got my attention because everything metal i had dug up before that had be completely rusted out, this was the first solid piece. It a metal club just a bit bigger than the palm of my hand, pressed in the shape of a club, and marked "Sterling" on the back. I cant figure out what it might be. Everything i had dug out of this hole so far (mostly bottles) have been from the 1930's so i know its probably not that old either. Please let me know if you have any ideas or would like some more info on it.

This is my first post on Treasurenet! I am new to bottle digging and am just really starting to get into it. I have dug up some really interesting bottles in the past month since starting digging, and will be posting a few on this forum in the coming days to try and help identify some of them. Thank you in advance for any answers you might have, i have been on treasure net for about 2 weeks now getting to know the site a bit and some of the members and it seems like a great site!

Attachments

• IMG_2723.JPG
    IMG_2723.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2724.JPG
    IMG_2724.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2725.JPG
    IMG_2725.JPG
    969.1 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2726.JPG
    IMG_2726.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2727.JPG
    IMG_2727.JPG
    907.2 KB · Views: 131

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm wondering if it might be an old ash tray. Nice find by the way.
Or maybe a candy dish.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

ecam1495

Oct 18, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Primary Interest:
Other
My first thought was an ashtray also, but looking at it it seems kind of shallow and looks like it might been flat at one point

heres some pics from the side and with a cap in it to show the shallowness. IMG_2736.JPG IMG_2737.JPG IMG_2738.JPG

Upvote 0

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Hi - Welcome to the board :)

I found this reference in Google Books but it is only a snippet - has some info that might apply though-

The Canadian Patent Office Record and Register of Copyrights ...

books.google.com/books?id=yZqe_T8TZ78C
1947 - ‎Snippet view - ‎More editions
ANTOINE-—Word mark. Wares extended to include: “Salt and -pepper shak~ers—si1ver plated, ash ... bonbon dishes—sterling silver, coasters—aluminum~4brass—sterling silver”. Antoine Vanities Limited, Long Branch, Ontario, Canada.

Upvote 0

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it is a fountain pen tray. I have a Sterling silver one that was given to me as a high school graduation gift; same size; same shape. Of course the one I have is MUCH MUCH MUCH newer :laughing7: since I graduated just a few years ago. :laughing7:

WELCOME to the forum!
:)
Breezie

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought candy dish when I first seen it but the depth throws that out the window.I believe Breezie is on the right track.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread