Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these spoons today, among many other things, at one of my local dumps. They are all sterling silver and according to my research were made by the Alvin Manufacturing Corporation. Together they weigh in at 148.5 grams, or about 29.5 grams a piece. And I found these literally minutes after putting on a new lucky medallion that I told myself would help me find treasure today - so now I think I will forever wear this medallion when I look for treasure as it seems to be working so far. :icon_pirat:

20160115_191330.jpg 20160115_191434.jpg
20160115_191410.jpg 20160115_191526.jpg

Upvote 25

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here some info that may help find a date. Matching the pattern style and the way the stamped the name may help most. If I get more time soon I'll try myself to give a hand.
http://thestieffcompany.com/
The Stieff Company Date Marks ?

I checked out those links and was able to contact Scott Perkins, Publisher & Curator, THESTIEFFCOMPANY.COM. Amazing response time from a email I sent him. He informed me that this piece was made in 1939 and can be found in the 1939 catalog. This piece serves dual duty. One is a Plain BERRY SPOON.. for serving fruit. Second is as part of a SALAD SET.. matched with a salad fork. Thanks for your help again. Now I have to go back and MD for the salad fork. lol

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool silver find, nice weight to it!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MINER I HAD TO PUT MY SUNGLASSES ON . MAN SOME SHINY BLING....

OP
OP
UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's money in the hand there! Another Great save!! Lets see a pic of the lucky medallion! I have a silver ring I wear as my Lucky charm.. dug it right before I got my find of a lifetime a few years ago.

For my birthday a close friend gave me this 1781 Spanish Piece of Eight on a black leather cord, so far I've worn it nearly every day and it has brought me much good fortune, it also got me into researching the year 1781. Was the same year the Articles of Confederation were formally ratified, Benedict Arnold was burning Richmond and still leading British troops in his traitorous plot to undo the Revolution, and George Washington was still on the battlefield not to be President for another 8 years. History fascinates me :D

Medalion.jpg medalion 2.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome silver save!
It never ceases to amaze me what people throw away!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread